34th birthday! A new game, in need of some shopping help?

Whatever

Ok we all have them every year its birthday time and every year I pick up a new game and this year its Malifaux time.

I have been looking at this for at least a year but with the new full fluff rulebook available (I love fluff) and some amazing looking figs I am ready buy myself my yearly gift to myself making up for the new socks that I will receive from my loved ones. (much appreciated but not much fun).

I want to build up 2 gangs straight away so here is what i have in mind please can someone balance them off for me :-)

Gang 1

Colette and the Showgirls (starter box)

Mechanical Doves

Coryphee

Gang 2

Legion of Sorrows (starter box)

Doppelganger

Also picking up a rule book and a couple of packs of cards. The expansions will follow Im sure unless someone says I need one from the off.

I am aware that they are not the most recommend for beginners however just love the models and myself and a friend have 15 years of learning new rule sets its part of the fun for us to muddle through. Plus through work I travel a lot so I am sure one day soon I will meet a henchman who can sort my poor grasp of the game out.

Nice to meet you all hope you can help.

Depending on your modeling skills, I might recommend 2 coryphee blisters (unless you are planning on incorporating magnets or pins or creatie basing to make them dance together).

In regards to the Rule book I would recommend the 1.5 edition of the main book and the Rising Powers book vice the Little Rules Manual. The 1.5 will have everything that is up to date in it (for Pandora and the Sorrows as well as the newest wording of the core rules) and Rising Powers will have the Colette Crew information. You can probably hold off on Twisting Fates and the new book for a bit.

Depends what you want, for Colette, you have gone for the Standard crew, which is very good, for Pandora, you can go for a pack of Stitched together and an insidious madness or two, and see how things go (that is the more powerful additions to her crew) Or a set of the twins Lelu and Lilitu. Or you can stick with her box set, although ether way i would recommend for Pandora a totem, my preference is the primordial magic (aka vomit worm) as totems can help her:)

Thanks for the quick response!

Omenbringer rising powers and a 2nd coryphee added to my shopping list, Yes going for the 1.5 rulebook been holding out for it can't wait.

Ozz: Stitched together and an insidious madness and primordial magic added to my list.

Now any idea how the points balance out and can some one make me 2 out of the box balanced small forces. Thanks again for the responses

Take a look at Malifaux- Bad things happen, there is a nifty little crew builder on there. However...

Arcanists Crew - 35 - Scrap

Colette Du Bois
--
5 Pool

2 Mechanical Doves [4ss]

• Cassandra, Magician's Apprentice
    [9ss]

• Coryphée
    [7ss]

• Coryphée
    [7ss]

• Performer & Mannequin
    [6ss]

and

Neverborn Crew - 35 - Scrap

Pandora
--
5 Pool

Primordial Magic [2ss]

• Baby Kade
    [6ss]

• Insidious Madness
    [4ss]

• Insidious Madness
    [4ss]

• Sorrow
    [3ss]

• Sorrow
    [3ss]

• Sorrow
    [3ss]

• Stitched Together
    [5ss]

• Stitched Together
    [5ss]

Cheers for that I did spot the builder just no idea which box to stick the models in such a n00b. Any advice on how to start and from those 2 lists can you give me 2 n00b lists?

Thanks ever so much I have heard the Malifaux players are some of the friendly's about so far this looks true. :-)