Drowned

morpsele

Hi,

I see alot of people saying good things about Drowne. BUt i can't see to get it. I know they are good objective sitter but i'm not sure what they do more then that.

Any tip and any thing you see that i don't would be appreciated. I tried playing them alot but never get convinced.

spirit, float, driven by purpose, slow to die, a zero action push for enemies, and they explode when they die, whats not to love?

I tend to run them as suicide bombers; haul ass up field, and just wait for something to kill them. even if theyre not immediately in range for maximum explodey goodness they get a slow to die action to move a little more forward. or if theyre already engaged when they drop you can take one last swing or try to cast riptide before popping.

Interesting that you have played them and not liked them.

I did not play them for a long time because I just "knew" they were garbage. And then on a Gamer's Lounge I was listening to... Mike? (The rezzer GL caster, think his name is Mike, Zephyr(sp?) on forums?) gave the best advice I had heard for them. Stop reading about them and try them.

So, I did and loved them. Maybe not with Nicodem, but I just loved having two of them sniping with riptide and when opportunity arose, waded into combat and their deaths just shredded a group of enemy models.

Riptide winds up doing so much more damage than I thought it would and remember, its WOUNDS, not damage... So armor is irrelevant.

Everything is situational, but my 50,000 foot description of when they are nice for me is:

1. Riptide

2. Riptide

3. Riptide

4. Walk into largest enemy group you can find and go BOOM!

What master do they sync best with?

My first guess would be Kirai because they are spirits, but according to PullMyFinger, she can't do movement shenanigens with them (correct?).

Also, I would guess they would be good with Seamus as you could lure things into them, and also its some potential ranged damage.

Although for Seamus it may beg the question Crooked Men vs Drowned?

I can't see them helping Nico or McMourning much though.

Ive used them with both Kirai and McM.

They definately work better with kirai, even if Weighed Down keeps her from swirling them around. they can move up to 11" any given turn anyways so its never really been an issue for me.

With McM tho, i just wasnt feeling it. they felt like more of a liability than an asset. i was constantly worried about them being too close to something of mine when they did pop. at least with kirai most everything she has is spirit so 2dmg isnt so bad, but 2dmg to say, a punk zombie, that hurts a little more than i care for.

My standard 25ss McM crew uses Von Schill and 3 Drowned + Chihuahua.

With Kirai, they are shock troops. You send them on the front line to weaken the enemy for Ikiryo or whatever else--they get recycled anyways.

With McM, they are shock troops / objective grabbers. I usually send them straight for objectives while McM / Von Schill hinder the enemy. Then they go and explode all over whatever the enemy sends at me.

With Nicodem, they become hilariously good. They don't leave corpse counters, but if you buff their attack / defense they become really good for 4ss.

Don't really use them for Seamus.

Basically, use them as shock troops. Just send them in to objectives and the enemy crew and do what feels intuitive. Expect them to die, but expect them to get their 4ss in the process.