Cheesy Hoffman Abuse

Sholto

Question

(I have searched and I don't think there is a specific answer to this one. It is cheesy, so I thought I would ask before trying it in a game!)

Hoffman, Rusty Alyce and the Mobile Toolkit.

In order:

1. Mobile Toolkit Activates and gives Rusty Alyce +:tomes on Ca.

1. Enemy model Activates as usual.

2. Rusty Alyce Activates and uses Burn Out on Hoffman and the Mobile Toolkit, giving them both Reactivate.

2a. Enemy model activates as usual.

3. Hoffman Activates for the first time. He uses (0) Linked In on the Mobile Toolkit. He completes his other actions (whatever they are) and his Activation ends.

4. Mobile Toolkit Reactivates immediately due to Linked In (ie. before an enemy model has a chance to Activate). It is within 6" of Hoffman so uses Companion on Hoffman. As Hoffman has Reactivate, this allows him to Activate a second time this Turn.

That is the issue - would the bit in bold above work or not? Can I get two legal, simultaneous activations out of Hoffman in this manner?

PS. There is also a step 5, that will play out exactly as described below ;)

5. Your Witchling Stalker dispells Burn Out on Hoffman and the Mobile Toolkit so they don't drop to 1Wd at the end of the Turn, and your opponent hisses in disgust and throws Teddy at you.

3 answers to this question