Colette vs Dreamer narrative batt rep

calgary_cat

• [h=6]Colette shivered - Ramos had asked her to close down the Star for a night, which was bad enough, but there was a dark wind blowing through that made her shiver down to her soul. Cassandra and the girls could feel it too, all of them covered up far more than their usual dancing attire. Even the Coryphee seemed aware, with their mechanical blades clacking in and out of their sheaths. "It's going to be a long night girls, but Ramos says we need to evacuate now, we can sleep later," Colette said gravely.

Cassandra was always prepared or at least was bold enough to want to appear that way and stepped out from the Star. As she stepped through the doorway she thought that she saw something flit by the rocky outcropping outside the jail. The wind whispered faint giggles in her ear. Steeling herself, she continued on, traversing the ground quickly to join the Coryphee that waited up ahead. Collette's doves went quickly by and settled behind another rocky outcropping, and the rest of the cast ran to catch up, everyone afraid to be alone on this night.

"We're nearly out of town girls, and Ramos says it should be safe enough tomorrow, I think this could just be a false alarm." She barely had time to finish her sentence when the ground seemed to erupt just beyond the rocks, pouring forth horrors that seemed to be a mix of hell and some mad child's toybox. A high pitched voice came from behind them, "Catch the pretty ladies!"

One of the demon nightmares gestured at a Coryphee and it went to her, drawn by a command that it couldn't ignore. When it got close enough she lashed it with her whip, but the nimble machine slid effortlessly out of the way. A large brute standing next to her took his turn as well, but only managed to put a small dent in the Coryphee's side. It bounded away and joined its partner, fixing the dent with little effort.

The showgirls engaged the nightmares as best they could. Cassandra burned away a giant teddy and injuring many of the others in the process. The fight was grueling and many doves were burned up in the process, as was the last manequin from the Star. The nightmares seemed to lose interest after a bit, and the voice of the boy called out, "Hide and Seek! You're it!" And all the nightmares disappeared in poof of magic. The girls breathed a sigh of relief, until they heard the rumbling eruption from inside the Star. "No! We can't let them take the Star, we've taken down the giant Teddy, lets catch them all!" Colette envigorated her girls and they rushed in, Colette leading the way, banishing a small but horrific doll to outside the Star and leaving the boy alone to face her girls. Her Coryphee followed quickly after her and slashed the boy across his face. "Not fair! I want to win!"

His face contorted and suddenly the star was filled with a giant monstrosity on one side and the remaining nightmares on the other. The giant lashed out at the Coryphee, but they nibly dodged all of it's attacks but one, leaving it to growl with impotence. They were quick to retaliate, slicing the giant into ribbons, and banishing it back to the hell it came from. The boy reappeared, "why aren't you scared of us?" he said.

Suddenly Colette and her girls realized how mad it was to have followed the boy into their establishment. They ran down to the last, leaving the Coryphee alone to fend for themselves. The boy giggled again, "Oh good we'll find you this time!" And find them he did.

First his stiched together doll cut down Colette like she was nothing, her final soulstones were gone, then his demons called the Coryphee back to them, and this time their quick movements seemed hampered by the miasma in the air. Cassandra and the last showgirl ran, hoping against hope that somehow Colette still lived, but either way they were going to do their best to stay on this side of life. As they retreated they could hear the boy crowing, "I win, I win! I always win!"[/h]

------------------------------

Colette's crew had escape and survive, and I forget the dreamer's strat, clearly I need to write more down when I do these, Colette's entire crew was down by turn 4 apart from Cassandra and we called it, next game against the dreamer I'm using Angelica

Its a mistake trying to go a stand up fight against the Dreamer crew, at least not without some "bouncers" like Johan and the Gunsmiths to lay the hurt down.

Otherwise you would need to pull the dreamer crew apart with lure and have a Mannequin maintain a mask on Colette so when she casts her spells she is always getting a SS (depending on the spell of course).