Lost Boys Radio - Episode 8 - Accumulation

marshimartian

Episode 8

Our first full episode since Gen Con, and we had a lot to catch up on. This episode we have a first look at Storm of Shadows, Wyrd Plastics, and War Room; as well as some exciting upcoming events, including your first chance to win a Santana, and an in-depth review of Zombicide by Guillotine Games and Cool Mini or Not and our biggest contest yet!

Extra-Life Team

Just finished listening(slow day at work), I may enter the short story contest to win a copy of Zombicide even though I own it already. I could always use more Zombies :)

How is zombicide? Skipped the Kickstarter since it didn't look like my cup of tea, but CMON produced it so it has to be good.

How is zombicide? Skipped the Kickstarter since it didn't look like my cup of tea, but CMON produced it so it has to be good.

Well Marshal and Savannah talk about it in this very episode. Personally I like it. I find it a good middle ground between Zombies!(which was fun but not very cruntchy) and "Last Night on Earth"(With so many expanions now its has become way to crunchy)

Zombies sets up quick and plays pretty fast. Its a co-op game and some of the missions are very hard. InterestinglyThe enough Mission 1 is one of the hardest I have found so far in the book.

The level up mechanic is really cool and its nice to have choices of abilities when you go to a new level. The system bases how Zombies spawn by the highest level hero so there is a lot of strategy involved in making sure you don't just let one player level up really fast. There are times where you may avoid killing zombies or choose to have a less powerful player kill a zombie so you don't push your team into the next level and get swamped with more Zombies.