Help needed filling out my crew please

LIG

witchling stalker is a good choice for 4 points austringer is great for 5 (there better in a pair) the stalker with buffs from LJ can be a monster in melee and the range from the austringer is always helpful

a watcher good objective grabber for 3 points...

The list could get longer guild has a good assortment of minions for 5 and under it realy depends on what you need for your strat and schemes.

but these are good all around choices

Austringer it is!! Am I better off dropping one of the Death Marshalls and putting the Witchling Stalker as well?

Simple answer is yes. Depending on the goal of the game (terrain, strategy, schemes, opponent, etc), I recommend either 2 Death Marshals and 1 Stalker or reverse that for 2 Stalkers and 1 Death Marshal. Marshals are fantastic at range and when facing crews that can sacrifice you. Stalkers are great at Melee and vs Casting heavy crews.

Two dogs would definitely be the way to go IMO, even if you chuck a marshal to do it. The ability to sprint to an objective or engage a model at need is most excellent, and giving lady j some alpha strike action is super duper.

As for mashals v. stalkers, I haven't found marshals to be particularly good units. The 1" melee range tends to hamper them and allows a smart opponent to routinely avoid the dying attack, they don't hit hard enough to warrant their points in melee or range. They don't move fast enough to keep up with Lady J's rush into melee, especially if they pause to shoot. They basically try to do a little of everything and end up doing none of it well. There's a bit of synergy with the Marshal stuff, but again not enough to impress me.

Summary: for the price of two marshals, get a couple desperate mercs (use your marshals as stand ins if it's a friendly game) and a stalker and save some stone to boot.

I would definately go for 2 guild hounds. Your getting a total of 10 wounds on 2 differnt models that can help form an excellent alpha strike with lady j. The ability to move 18" and you would be supprised at how usefull ht1 is for hiding behind walls etc or for helping to bloke shots fired at your master.

Austringer is also great being able to hide behind a building and use a ranged attack without los is amazing.

If finances arent a problem get both and use according to the encounter. As alot of new players used to ther wargames where using pre made lists is a norm (myself included) we tend to forget we pick our models after the scheme has been decided.

I'm learning how to play Malifaux so allot of this info is VERY useful to me. I just got the Sonnia Criid box - so I have the Witchlings. I've painted up the Lady J box set. I also ordered the hounds and the Witchlings Handler. I get to play my first game tonight - one of the local Henchmen is going to show me how to play. Since he talked me into this game, he better show me how to play :)

Thank you everyone for he advice - I'm really enjoying this.

Edited by LIG
Darn spelling errors