Buy Metal Miniatures Now, Or Wait For Plastic Later?

D-A-C

Hey everyone.

I'm thinking of buying my first crew in the next day or two, but I've read in a few places (including this forum) and spoken to people who have mentioned that the Malifoux models are being converted from metal to plastic (or some maybe have been already?).

So I was just wondering should I hold off and wait for new kits to be released, or is that going to be a long way off yet?

I was going to buy the Seamus' Red Chapel Boxset, but if I thought that in a couple of months it would be getting re-released in plastic I would hold off, but if it is likely going to be 6+ months or more then I'd like to push ahead and purchase it and get gaming.

Also, I have an instinctive dislike of working with metal due to my experiences with GW as their metal figures were often a b*tch to assemble and often required pinning, so I'm just wondering how you all feel about working with the existing metal Malifaux models and if your happy with the switchover?

I'm not so sure if the plastic glue from GW will work with the new plastic models here. if not then it will be super glue again.

However, i came across a product which made gluing metal models a dream! it's Army Painter's Magic Superglue Activator. Apply glue, spray, and the parts hold in seconds, and with such strength, that you don't need to pin them at all!

considering that you are going for the Red Chapel Gang, unless you are going to do some heavy conversion work, i don't think pinning would be necessary.

Here's the link for the Activator: http://shop.thearmypainter.com/products.php?ProductGroupId=4