Using Angelica (and other questions

Ensis Ferrae

This should perhaps be two separate threads, but I'd rather not create two threads so close to each other.

I currently only have the Colette crew. My main reason for getting the crew, was because of the Angelica model, I absolutely LOVE it! To me, Angie's sculpt is the best of the line. The only problem I'm having, is that no one seems to use her, so I am wondering, in what schemes and games would she be best in? If I use her, should I drop Cassandra, or should I take both and drop something else?

My other question, or part 2, is how best to use Ramos. I was looking on the store site earlier, because I "cannot" play a crew if I don't like their look, and Ramos has been sort of growing on me some, so somewhere down the road, I may expand my Arcanists into a Ramos crew.

Well for ramos you going to need his electrical creation. Maybe either the mobile toolkit or brass arachnid. His box comes with 2 spa swarms which with alittle magnets and some small bases your good. Steamborg is decent nothing to write home about. Large steam punk arachnids are a decent choice also. Oh and joss. He is a beat

I don't see angelica being played that much either. But I will agree with you, she is a very beautiful model. I guess no one uses her because for 1 more point you can get a performer and it comes with 2 models.

I don't remember angelicas abilities off the top of my head, but I would guess if you did bring her it would be with cassandra as cassandra is the beast of the showgirls. Imo

I think Angelica is best with living showgirls. My normal Colette crew has a lot of constructs but once the Oiran come out I will probable get Angelica and the Oiran. What list do you tend to run Colette with?

As a general not I would never take Cassandra out of the list without a very long walkthrough of logic. Taking out a Coryphee or both Coryphee would be better, 14 point is a real sink in 35 point games.

As for Ramos, he is the only Arcanist Master I do not have, but I would use the our rider and large spiders and maybe gamin of some sort. Ramos is a slow master in a relatively fast army thanks to spider ignoring sever terrain.

I really enjoy running Angelica, she gives your oponent something to think about, as she's not often seen (or considered) by a lot of players.

the base of my showgirls crews are (25 SS);

Collette + 1 dove,

Cassandra,

Angelica,

performer + maniquin.

strats and schemes will vary what I do a little, but as a general rule, I try to keep Angelica near Colette to gain the extra WP from Colette, and then use Angelicas' ability to make showgirls immune to falling back. this can create a bit too much of a 'bunch' in the showgirls crew, so sometimes its good to drop back a showgirls behind your line for the Colette rescue swaps!

With Angelica in attack I will use the shout (hoping to drop the blasts), and try to either have a dove nearby to allow Angelica to use a soulstone to boost the attack if needed. I have also once had luck with triggering the paralyse (when oponenets hand was depleted), and using the normal showgirl movement tricks to get poison 4 on the paralysed model, but this is most definately one of those nice if it happens, not a reliable tactic.

Hope that helps and gives you some ideas, if you want something more in depth I can post up some other things when I have more time to organise my thoughts :)

Edited by CircusBear