Starting with Colette

supercalisto

So I just started play this last month or so.

Starting with Colette’s starter set and 3 doves, just added the coryphées and Angelica as well.

It’s been a little hard getting into as I’ve not play any table top games in about 10 years and even then it was War Hammer (also pretty funny going to the games shop and being the only girl out of 20 guys). But I was seduced into playing by my friend Fritz with the words of steam punk and show girls.

I am learning my crew slowly. I’ve got to keep an eye on using my triggers with Colette, I keep forgetting and it cost me the last game.

I think I’ve won 2 games, lost 2 games and had 2 draws so far.

So I looking for advice on how to best use and add to my crew.

just remember to keep your crew as mobile as possible and not get to spread out. Something I like to do is if they have low Ca models use the doves to cast magicians duel against them. I've killed more than the duet has that way. A blinding flash a great Df trigger as it slows the attacker possibly reducing the number of attacks, and you use colette's df to prevent the damage, swap with a mannequin for its ability to just not take the damage.

Well first off welcome to the wonderful world of Malifaux. Imyself have just recently started your problem doesn’t seem to be tactics but practice,I have found both in this game and in others it is easier to learn specifics with your units (or models) by playing small games this helps you because there are not as many distractions on the board allowing you to learn each models quirks and tricks then as you learn you slowly add models this way your only learninga few models at a time instead of a whole crew.

Good luck and happy gaming.

Edited by cheshirecat

Well first off welcome to the wonderful world of Malifaux. Imyself have just recently started your problem doesn’t seem to be tactics but practice,I have found both in this game and in others it is easier to learn specifics with your units (or models) by playing small games this helps you because there are not as many distractions on the board allowing you to learn each models quirks and tricks then as you learn you slowly add models this way your only learninga few models at a time instead of a whole crew.

Good luck and happy gaming.

In general i would agree with the above post but with Colette, i would disagree with that, due to the entire standard crew works together to be most effective and not alone, so i would suggest just play slow games, where you are agreed to take your time, and read stat cards a lot to remind yourself what your models can do.

Colette takes time to master, a lot more than most, though it does not take to long to get good with her :)