Guardian vs. Executioner: A mini Battle Report, or...

Jonas Albrecht

...an Immovable Object meets an Irresistable Force.

A got to field my Robros against a Justice list that featured a couple Ortegas and an Executioner.

The game took shape as a battle on two fronts. Master vs Master on one side, with the Guardian and Sue protecting my flank from Nino and the Executioner. Nino managed to murder the hell out of Sue with his fancy boy sniping, but couldn't get a shot at the Guardian and sent the Executioner in to do what I thought was going to be a quicker murderjob on my robit.

On paper, the Executioner is a great tool for taking out The Guardian. It not only prevents me from using my epic Df trigger, but with auto Critical Strike, the Guardian's armor isn't really slowing him down as much as I'd like.

The round ended with us just within two inches of each other and the Guardian getting a single weak damage strike in, with my opponent hitting me for moderate once. The next saw my opponent get Initiative. I got hammered with a couple more strike, enough to put me at 3 wounds remaning. I did my healing flip, getting two back, and then managed to get lucky and do the remaining damage necessary to kill him.

Then came the moment of truth. The Slow to Die strike.

The strike hits, the flip is made, and the end result is a Guardian with a single wound remaining. My opponent stared for a bit at his now dead Executioner, crestfallen as he removed it from the table.

Viva Guardian!

Edited by Jonas Albrecht