Case

tadaka

Looking for some advice. I am trying to find a case like the small pack case from battle foam but one that will hold larger malifaux models like chomp or peacekeeper. I know that means it has to be bigger but some thing that would be able to hold like 3 or 4 40/50 mm models and about 10 30 mm. Any one have any ideas.

I've personally gone away from foam entirely. I bought and modified a tool box to hold models with magnetized bases. Works pretty well. I would not use it if I were to travel by plane or some such, but for getting to and from the shop, it works like a charm. I'm not even worried about it on car trips. I'm up to five crews and have only filled half of the space, and that includes all of my game aids.

I use a toolbox, as well, but rather than go through the hassle of applying magnets (and hoping that they stick), I go for craft foam, the kind that goes in pillows and stuffed animals. It comes in big blocks that you can find in craft stores. I buy it several inches thick, cut it to fit the toolbox, then cut in the outlines of the models I want to store with an X-acto. If you buy a toolbox with a lift-out tray, you can use the lower half for big models, and the tray for smaller stuff. It's loads cheaper than Battlefoam (or a pile of rare earth magnets) and it works great.