Painting on a Budget 2: The Showcase

Yew Arcane

first a small nitpick: :)

try placing your photos in tags. That way they'll show in your post. In my experience you'll get better (more) response. People are generally lazy *grin* and if they go to a Gallery and then they have to click on a whole bunch of links to see the pics - they usually don't bother...

2012-07-25153834.jpg

Second, photography:

try to have a one colour background. tables and walls and doors tend to distract the viewer and your camera might focus inadvertantly to the door in the background instead on your mini. the easiest is to gently bend (curve) a piece of paper for a white background.

third, minis:

nice ones, they could use a wash or two, just to get a more 3D effect and a final highlight.

Keep up the good work!

Second, photography:

try to have a one colour background. tables and walls and doors tend to distract the viewer and your camera might focus inadvertantly to the door in the background instead on your mini. the easiest is to gently bend (curve) a piece of paper for a white background.

Agreed. Try bending (not folding) a sheet of printer paper with the mini on the bottom and the rest coming up behind it. Second, try to focus two lights on the mini, in a "V" shape, with the mini at the intersection of the two lights. (I still only use one, but I use a light diffuser made out of a white shoebox.)

third, minis:

nice ones, they could use a wash or two, just to get a more 3D effect and a final highlight.

Yep. Take this guy's advice. (He's good.)

Keep up the good work!
Yes. Paint, paint, paint. Practice makes perfect. (Or so I'm told.)