animal instincts / myranda

bashamer

Question

7 answers to this question

errrr..... no; it does not; it doesn't have even close to the same wording.

Magical extension: "....Cast one of the connecting ..."

Animal instincts: "....This model immediately casts....."

the abilities are no where near the same; completely different wording.

Hell, Magical extension is a CC: * / Rst: * /Rg: *

Animal instincts: CC: 10 (t) / Rst: - / Rg: C

so yeah, I have no idea how you came up with that answer, but I'm certain that it is wrong w/o extensive errata and there does not seem to be any.

This is a weird one, I would have to agree that it would bypass the negative twist effect of casting a ranged spell do to it having already reached a target number, but there is no reason why it would negate the armor benefit.

I am also not sure how targeting restrictions such as Pandora's or harmless would come into effect since you are essentially doing the targeting after casting which throws things out of whack.

I would assume that the targeting restrictions still occur and you just deal with them after the cast.

The target would definitely get a resist flip, assuming the spell chosen to be cast allows it.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Actually after reviewing the wording I don't think it actually messes up the targeting order at all, you simply know the cast # ahead of time instead of flipping for it.

The ability states that you immediately cast the spell using the casting total reached for casting Animal instincts.

The order would go.

- Declare you are casting Animal Instincts.

- Cast Animal Instincts

- Successful cast sets the Cast # of spell chosen from beast within 6".

- Choose spell and target of spell

- Any targeting restrictions that apply would come into effect including cover.

- You do not actually flip for the casting total so the negative twist of cover has no effect you simply use the casting # that was decided earlier.

-Target gets chance to resist.

I believe it should work this way

Edited by roboshmoo

ok, that is kinda what I gathered.

so what happens if I barely cast the spell, jsut getting the 10; and the only legal spell on a beast w/in 6" is animal instincts.

Can I somehow stop the infinite loop ?

Is there a model with Animal Instincts, other than Myranda? So this infinite loop only occurs when two Myrandas are played and Marcus Alphas the opposing one?

Myrandas is a beast w/in 6" of herself isn't she? It doesn't say "other" anywhere on the card.

My understanding is that you prettymuch always would cast Animal instinct, and then see what you got off, and pick that spell. Making her healing a much more interesting spell as you just pick it when you already ahve the requirements met.