Who watches The Watcher (A Hoffman Journey)

So I have been hard at work on my latest crew, and tonight finished my Watcher and wanted to get some Opinions, I really need to get a better camera but for now this will have to work. Comments and Criticism is extremely welcome and encouraged for we can never get better if we do not learn!

Thanks for looking

post-10433-13911923942417_thumb.jpg

I tried to give the illusion that The Watcher was holding up the cable in his claw and was perched on a lamppost watching and observing such as his abilities state.

Maybe it's just the picture but the metal elements look as if they were the same color as the lamp. I like the base - bricks ans the street lamp are top notch. The watcher looks nice too, the contrast between the metal elements and the wings works well though I'd probably try to add some highlights onto the wings as they look a bit too uniform.

Overall, it's a very nice paintjob and I'm looking forward to seeing more from you.

I agree that the lack of detail on the pic has to do with your camera phone. I would ensure two things to improve this (before you get your friend to lightbox!)

get a lamp/light source and point it on top of your miniature, macro your camera phone and move the light source around until you think its not too bright or too dark and shadowy. Just enough to expose all details without blanching the colours. Take several photos, pick the best and edit your post with it :)