Zoraida and the teleporting robot

Joel

This list works better at 40ss than 35ss, but can still function well if you are prepared to give up moving zoraida on turn 1.

At 35ss:

Zoraida 7ss

collodi

4 marionettes

performer & mannequin

lazarus

At 40ss you give up one soulstone and add in a pair of wicked dolls.

The plan:

In 35ss, zoraida creates a wicked doll, Lazarus assimilates link from the mannequin and links to the wicked doll.

Collodi and zoraida can now set out with high movement, the wicked doll can teleport to one of them, bringing Lazarus to wherever you need him to be. He can then assimilate collodi's talents (perfect machine perhaps, living puppets could be good, puppet master would be another possibility), or spells (dismantle, breathe life). From the link Lazarus would also gain poison from being in base contact with the wicked doll as an extra touch.

At 40ss, zoraida doesn't have to waste ap creating a wicked doll :)

The mannequin itself can link to zoraida or collodi for some extra annoyance for your opponent.

I don't know enough about either Z or Collodi to comment on this, but I had come up with something similar involving using Link from the Mannequin, although this was in a Colette crew and was to enable Lazarus to link the Duet. Same idea, different implementation - have you tried this in a game?

Sorrows have link if you want something cheaper than a preformer

True, but Lazarus cannot assimilate link from a sorrow as its not a construct. Is there a construct cheaper than the performer&mannequin that has link? (that zoraida could take).

• 3 months later...

I'm going to throw it out there that I'm not too convinced by this. Nice idea, and props for thinking of it, but paying 18 points for the combo (The performer and the lazarus) just to get some shots off seems a bit mediocre if you ask me.

I'd much rather take tuco and a convict gunslinger, for less points and still decent shooting.

I'm going to have to +1 *Jack* here - Neat idea, but to much of an investment for what you're trying to do.

If I wanted to boost Lazy's mobility in a Zoraida crew, I'd use an Insidious Madness to strip Immune to Influence and then repulsive and obey him with Zoraida and/or the Voodoo Doll.