30SS Malifaux Tourney and painting contest - July 21 - The Compleat Strategist in NYC

Guy in Suit

To cap off our escalation league, we will be holding a tournament on July 21st. All are welcome to participate, you do not have to have completed the league!

Painting is required for this tournament.

10am - setup and sign in

10:15 - Announcements, league awards handed out, round one pairings

10:30 - Round 1

12:30 lunch and paint judging

1:30 - Round 2

3:30 - Round 3

5:30 - Clean up - Awards

All rules are as per gaining ground - Tournament Points with Differential as a tie breaker. Select your faction and pick your crew after strats are announced. Strategies will be shared and selected by the TO.

Prizes will be awarded for First and Second place, as well as the winner of the painting contest.

The painting competition is simply 'Best 30SS crew' - emphasis will be placed on a crew-wide theme, whatever that may be. There is no checklist - judging will be done holistically based on artistry, technique and cohesive theme and color choices.

And... that's it - see you guys in July!

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see some out-of-towners make the trip up. Cheers guys! We hope we can put up a decent fight! Note that my lovely 'Best Store Eastern USA' plaque will be put on the line if we get teams from 3 other locales.

Also - I've posted the schemes on our boards:

Round 1: Shared Treasure Hunt

Round 2: Shared Supply Wagon

Round 3: Shared Reconnoiter

I have also decided that as the tournament is 3 rounds and not the 4 recommended by Gaining Grounds for the player count that Scheme selection will be limited to the Basic schemes in the manual - No faction or master-specific schemes.