Another TedPro Model Suggestion: Stray Corpse Bits

The Malifaux Coroner's table may seem tidy on first glance, but there's a mess locked up in every cabinet. Twitching body parts learn to lay still when others are around, but assorted eye stalks and stray fingers lay in waiting, eager to leap out and attack a stray target when possible.

Dr. McMourning has worked hard to perfect his necromantic arts, but his work requires a great deal of effort. For every great experiment completed, there are a dozen incomplete works left behind: stray failures, animated but assembled incorrectly, each one a new lesson in the possible ways that a body might be assembled.

For the most part, McMourning tries to ignore these failures, but he keeps them around in case he needs stray parts. Bundles of hands fused together, sharp clusters of bones that scramble about on stray toes and fingers, weird masses of legs and teeth and tongues, are all left about just out of view. These twitching little horrors, however, seem to have some sort of affinity for Molly Squidpiddge, and follow her about when they encounter her, eager to obey her orders.

:crows:crows:crows

Stray Corpse Bits

Undead, Insignificant, Special Forces (Horror)

Soul Stone Cost: 2

30 mm base

Wk/Cg: 3/5

Ht: 1

Wp: 3

Ca: 3

Df: 5

Wd: 2

Grasping Bits

Rg 1:melee

Cb 4:crows

Dg 1/1/4

TALENTS

Abilities

Slow to Die

Coroner's Pet: This model can be summoned with Monstrous Creation for 2 Body Part Counters.

Grisley: Undead in base contact with this model gain +2 Wp. Non-undead in base contact with this model gain -2 Wp.

Abilities

(0) Creepy Writhing: This model gains Terrifying -> 11.

(1) Final Lunge: This model makes a melee Strike with a range of 3:melee, during which the defender gets :-fate to Defense Flips. This can only be used as a Slow to Die action.

Triggers

Cb(:crows:crows) Contagious Animation: If this attack kills a living or Undead model with a 30mm base, Summon a Stray Corpse Bits model into base contact with the model before it is removed from play.

Spells

(0) Twitch-Spasm: (CC: 11 / Rst: - / Rg: 8) Push this model into base contact with a friendly Undead model within range.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Another model suggestion, again inspired by Sandwich's excellent model suggestions.

This one is designed to help Molly. It can boost Wp, which Molly needs. It dies easily, but has a nasty last attack, and it has some potential uses as a Corpse Counter factory.

Edited by Hateful Darkblack

Should be Insignificant, and probably Rare: 4 as well. As-is, could make for a crazy swarm list, bouncing off each other to hit objectives very early on, then being sacrificed to get recycled into bigger problems. I like it though! Might even make Molly worth taking with Nicodem. Drain Souls followed by Arise seems worthwhile if they are not Insignificant!

I think twitch spasm should have a casting cost even if its just a low one. Something like a 8 with out a crow or a 7 with a crow

(1) Final Lunge: This model makes a melee Strike with a range of 3:melee, during which the defender gets :-fate to Defense Flips. At the end of this action, sacrifice this model.

I dont like that the model is sacrificed at the end. Have it just be killed. The reason is similar to that of the Stitched's does not die. If you put in the effort to kill it you should at least get the points for slaughter.

Also I love the fluff and imagery with this model. Its very creepy. I keep thinking about Levi's Desolate Core model only with arms and legs.

Edited by Twisted Metal

Twisted Metal, Thanks! Glad you like it!

Hmm, good point on the Final Lunge. The main reason I was saying sacrificed is because I didn't want it to be able to make a Slow to Die Final Lunge after it dies from making a first Final Lunge. I hadn't realized that would make it Slaughter-proof. Any suggestions for changing that?

Making Twitch-Spasm a spell may be a good idea. Let me think about that!

Hmm, good point on the Final Lunge. The main reason I was saying sacrificed is because I didn't want it to be able to make a Slow to Die Final Lunge after it dies from making a first Final Lunge. I hadn't realized that would make it Slaughter-proof. Any suggestions for changing that?

Just state that it can only be used as a slow to die action.

Something about the fact a bundle of fingers leaving a corpse counter seems a bit much. Not that I feel Resurrectionist need to be limited on the summons, but that rule just leads to trouble. Every list is now going to have 2 canine remains and 2 corpse bits in the starting list. The canines attack the bits, the bits slow to die on the canine and then the master's action comes up, you summon whatever you want. Seem a little cheap to me, not that I ever use that tactic.

Just state that it can only be used as a slow to die action.

Done! Updated it, and made Twitch-Spasm a Spell, too. Thanks for the feedback!

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Something about the fact a bundle of fingers leaving a corpse counter seems a bit much. Not that I feel Resurrectionist need to be limited on the summons, but that rule just leads to trouble. Every list is now going to have 2 canine remains and 2 corpse bits in the starting list. The canines attack the bits, the bits slow to die on the canine and then the master's action comes up, you summon whatever you want. Seem a little cheap to me, not that I ever use that tactic.

This is already pretty much possible with Canine Remains right now, isn't it?

Edited by Hateful Darkblack