Proxy Models

gredgie

Currently, my only crew is my Kirai one (until I finally decide on which crew to go for next :P) but one thing I've learnt in the few games I've had is that models like Datsue-ba seemingly earn their cost by summoning a fair chunk of murderous back-up to the field, quickly making the crew a much larger threat.

However this is hindered by the sheer fact one must purchase a lot of models to accommodate this. Currently I'm between jobs so can't truly purchase reserve models until my bank account is slightly more secure, but is there any stipulation on proxy models?

Ultimately I probably picked one of the less real-world cost effective crews to choose first it seems, but their aesthetic vibe/flavour drew me in.

Amongst your mates there's no problem unless they're nitpicky, official prize supported wyrd tournaments and a lot of gaming store tournies won't let you proxy. I need to find something to use for Gaki, I can't stand the models, I can't seem to even build them properly (my modeling skills are pretty fail), so at the moment I'm using canine remains. That won't fly at the Australian GT in a few months so need to figure something out fast haha

Ah cheers for the fast response. I know my LGS is taking part in the Dead Heat campaign over the summer although I have no idea if that constitutes an "official prize supported Wyrd tournament" since I think the prize aspect is something the LGS itself is doing.

In either case it looks like the thing to do is buy whatever models I can and limit my summoning :P.

I found the Seishin the trickiest to do, at least before I had access to a pinning drill. My faith in superglue alone has been shattered since I started playing Malifaux :D