Just finished painting the Student of Conflict - Any synergies with Guild?

dunce002917

Hi everyone,

I just finished my "roman" Student of Conflict.

post-9656-13911923553431_thumb.jpg

I primarily got him because he can give other models 'FAST'. I'm trying to think of other synergies he may have from Guild models.

Lady J - Obviously, along with Lady J's +1 Melee Expert, the Student gives Lady J a 17" melee threat range (3APs to walk 5" and 2" melee range) or a 20" ranged threat range (2APs to walk 5" and 10" gun range).

Perdita - Can she still get the 'FAST' from the Student even though she already is +1 Fast? If so, I can imagine her shooting 4x or have a 28" ranged threat range (3APs to walk and 10" gun range). Yowza!

Lucius - With his (+1) Casting Expert, he can move up to 15" and cast Reinforcements and Hidden Sniper (giving Lucius a 31" spell threat range).

Ryle - No synergy cuz he can't be targeted...

Nino - Gives Nino a 24" ranged threat range

Executioner - He now has a 10" Melee Threat Range

Papa Loco - an enemy model within 21" away from Papa Loco is a valid target for "Take Ya With Me!" so Papa can blow up safely w/o harming the rest of the family.

Austringer - 20" threat range or He can walk and still do (2) Hunting Raptor (Can I?) which would give him a 22" threat range (oh please make it a legal action).

The Watcher - An objective within 21" is within reach but realistically, get objective 14" and use (1) interact action or grab objective 7" away, interact and then move back 7".

Guild Hounds - The Student can remove insignificant till next activation plus fast make the hounds really fast - activate 3" from another friendly hound (+1 walk), move 24" or have a 19" threat range.

That's all I have for now... do you have any other ideas for synergies with the Student?

Is Perdita still a legal Assist target?

Any use for Sonnia? Hoffman?

Any synergies I missed?

Let me know...

Giving a fast model fast doesn't stack. So he has no effect on Perdita. However, with Perdita's obey, it could give the model he makes fast an extra move/charge/action (super fast, so to speak).

I am yet to use the student, but I can imagine camping him near Nino and helping him to fire off as many shots as possible. I use Perdita so I don't have any experience with any other guild master.

The biggest problem with the Student is that giving Fast is an All action (with a 3" range), so she tends to get left behind by the models she is buffing, and so you are paying 3ss for a single additional action, allbeit at a critical point in the game. That being said, if that extra action gets your Master where you need her it can be worth it.

If you have a sniper like Nico for the student to switch her attention to after the initial alpha strike then you can pick up the redundancy quite effectively.

give fast to the judge. He can use blades and bullets 3 times, that's 6 attacks. Then throw in Lady J's ability to give him melee expert, you get 7. Ow!

Yowza! never thought of that... I just read a tactica on the Judge and the Blades and Bullets spell does sound awesome (I was a bit confused at first reading). 7 attacks would kill anything within range... (seriously, even if I flip the black joker and all weak damage).

Edited by dunce002917

Personally, sticking the Student with an Austringer, is awesome. 2x Austringers with a Student is awesome.

As stated, moving and doing the (2) action is awesome. And then when they get close, 5 shots total from them is great.

Just watch out for blast weapons though, as the Student can fall down quite easily.

just remember it does require a mask to cast. In the case you find yourself short on those you can always flurry, blades and bullets, and melee expert. That's still 6 attacks and nothing to sneeze at.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Personally, sticking the Student with an Austringer, is awesome. 2x Austringers with a Student is awesome.

As stated, moving and doing the (2) action is awesome. And then when they get close, 5 shots total from them is great.

Just watch out for blast weapons though, as the Student can fall down quite easily.

then drop Lucious and a drill seargent in with them and watch what happens

If you take Lucius he can take a totem. ; ]

Oic... I can take a Master and Lucius and assign each of them a totem? I just checked the crew creator on malifaux.com and it's legal!

ex: 35 ss

Lady J 4+1 ss cache

Student of Conflict 4 ss

Lucius 10 ss

Drill Sergeant 3 ss

Guild Guard 4 ss

Guild Guard 4 ss

Guild Guard 4 ss

Guild Hound 3 ss

Guild Hound 3 ss

I could imagine a lot of Cordon lines and Lady J as the beat stick = sad enemies...