Hoffman's Dampening ability causing problems for his crew.

Turbodog

Question

Okay, just realised that with the change to Stalwart on the Guardian making it an Aura, Hoffman's dampening ability gets in the way.

Dampening: No <blast marker> may be placed, and no <aura> or <pulse> effects may originate, within 3" of this model, except during this model's activation.

So if a guardian is with Hoffman, it seems he can't use his (0) Disrupt Magic due to it being an aura. And NOW he can't use his (0) Stalwart due to it being changed to an aura.

Of note, dampening also causes other problems the way it is worded. Like if I use a peacekeeper next to Hoffman to kill an ice gamin, it doesn't explode. But if I machine puppet the same peacekeeper to kill the same gamin (on Hoffman's turn) it does explode.

Also odd that enemy "fog" effects near Hoffman, which are shut down for the rest of the turn, suddenly pop up and potentially block his own lines of sight during Hoffman's activation.

I know it had to say "except during this model's activation" because Hoffman has a <pulse> spell.

IMO, Dampening needs to be reworked/reworded. Especially in light of the guardian change of wording for Stalwart.

-Turbodog

3 answers to this question