Malifaux Official UK GT - 3rd and 4th November

Neverata

Hi, tickets still available :) cut of for buying is in bout a week.

:) will be lots of fun, I'll update names tomorrow

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

AND after making it non ranked, none of the people moaning about it being ranked every year are attending. Proves that it's a lot of moaning over nothing

Shame it's not ranked, Craig needs the points for the masters ;)

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, tickets still available :) cut of for buying is in bout a week.

:) will be lots of fun, I'll update names tomorrow

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

AND after making it non ranked, none of the people moaning about it being ranked every year are attending. Proves that it's a lot of moaning over nothing

Shame it's not ranked, Craig needs the points for the masters ;)

In fact some people aren't attending because it's not ranked.

Edited by CunningStunt

Can't please everyone, just have fun :D

true dat!

I'm really looking forward to the GT - a malifaux event that size will be awesome. Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to the hardcore/bingo/cuddle/etc. as much, if not more, than the main event?? :)

I'll pick up a 3rd ranking event some other time ;)

To be fair, I think the people boycotting the GT because it isn't ranked are just as offensive and off the mark as the people who don't attend ranked tournaments.

It's still judging the event on a point which should have no effect on the game play and the amount of fun that will be. So it's extremely disappointing that it will get boycotted by anyone full stop.

Maybe I should rank the GT anyway or at the very least the Hardcore Event :D I don't think there is anyone attending who would mind if it's ranked or not. We've got a great attendance of all round fun people this year. Bring it on!

Joel - Pretty much everyone goes for the Shenanigans nowadays ;)

Is anyone looking to share accommodation with a young, nubile, athletic Malifaux player. The sort of player who never snores when he has had an alcoholic drink?

BTW - we need to boycott the event to make it a ranked event. Who's with me on this? Why are you throwing rotten pants at me now? Ouch that hurt! Stop it.

It's so complicated now as to know what you have to do to attend an event that I've lost track ;)

I'll do a survey at the GT to find out which of you want it ranked, and which of you do not to settle the debate once and for all :P The only reason I'm turning up is because I was led to believe there would be Jack Daniels

To be fair, I think the people boycotting the GT because it isn't ranked are just as offensive and off the mark as the people who don't attend ranked tournaments.

It's still judging the event on a point which should have no effect on the game play and the amount of fun that will be. So it's extremely disappointing that it will get boycotted by anyone full stop.

Maybe I should rank the GT anyway or at the very least the Hardcore Event :D I don't think there is anyone attending who would mind if it's ranked or not. We've got a great attendance of all round fun people this year. Bring it on!

Joel - Pretty much everyone goes for the Shenanigans nowadays ;)

Jo, you know where I stand on rankings. If you were to ask everyone before the tournament who would like it ranked and just put them into a separate 'ranked results sheet' it would be great, but if you decide not to then it's no problem. And Ant, we've always been sporting.

Never works like that Craig, you inevitably get people who won't attend because the people who wish to be ranked will play 'more competitively'

This was the year I gave those people the opportunity to put their money where their mouth was and to attend the biggest non ranked tournament.

They didn't but then the people who I thought were bigger than that decided to not attend because it wasn't ranked, making them look just as picky.

I haven't decided what next year will be like, and whether or not I will be running is also yet to be seen.

We'll have fun regardless. If all 51 of you at the event say you wanted it ranked then I'll certainly have my answer.

Good to see a great turn out again regardless. You definitely can't please everyone, and I gave up trying a long time ago. Now I just run a busy fun tournament and the choice is up to the players as to whether they want to attend.

The Masters certainly will be fun though :P I wonder who won't turn up this time :D

And that's why for once Craig it's not you being a douche :P The entire community is SHOCKED :D

Last years was ranked, this year it isn't. There is no difference in the numbers really but a few differences in people who're attending. As long as it's huge, and as long as people enjoy the event, it doesn't make a lot of difference

And that's why for once Craig it's not you being a douche :P The entire community is SHOCKED :D

Last years was ranked, this year it isn't. There is no difference in the numbers really but a few differences in people who're attending. As long as it's huge, and as long as people enjoy the event, it doesn't make a lot of difference

This.

I'm hoping one or two decide not to go to masters - I might sneak a place then! :)

One or two of the Swansea guys, I believe.

I have joked about not going because it was not ranked but in truth I can't make it and I'm gutted to be missing out. Justin is on a malifaux break, playing MTG of all things. And Gav is to drunk most of the time to know what the rankings are.

I'm sure we will be back next year as long as its ranked, only joking.

Edited by shakes1066