Elite Division - Lucius Crew

Saracenar

So I just gotten my hands on the Lucius box set, and I got to painting it up quickly. You'll note that Ryle is absent; I haven't painted him yet as I won't be using him in my first few games (25 SS) and am subbing him out for a second and third Guild Guard. Please tell me what you think of my painting!

th_Lucius.jpg

Click to Enlarge

In this picture the mask's divide isn't quite perfect. I've since fixed this. Unfortunately I couldn't get the camera to focus on his face directly, so you see the dark half in full but not the white half.

th_Lawyer.jpg

Click to Enlarge

th_Captain.jpg

Click to Enlarge

th_FGuard.jpg

Click to Enlarge

th_CoolGuard.jpg

Click to Enlarge

th_GuildGuard.jpg

Click to Enlarge

I should also point out that I'm not confident with painting their faces any more than they are painted. The close up nature of the pictures sort of plays up that they are missing eyes. Just imagine that isn't so! *waves magic fingers*

Any comments/criticism is welcome, keeping in mind I'm aware of the face and mask issues. Thanks!

Great work! They're uniforms really help to tie them all together, and I love that Lucious himself is in his fancy-pants red coat.

As for the eyes/faces; I didn't even notice. It could be that I suffer from the same lack of confidence, so have got used to mini's without facial features, but also, since half the crew are wearing hats that really helps to hide the fact. Much better to have no eyes than giant white blotches so says I!

Keep it up :D

Thanks :) They do look quite good when all placed together. I might do a group shot later on. I couldn't do Lucius without his fancy-pants red coat! It's so cool!

I totally agree with you on the eyes. Even if I did them well, one would no doubt be bigger than the other, or some tiny detail would just annoy me to death. So no eyes, haha

Thanks again.