Hoffman and Tap

Will945

Question

Hello everyone I have a few questions that feed off of one another.

1) Does the slow that is caused by Hoffman's Tap go away in the end phase (I assume it does as it does not list a duration). If it doesn't, does that mean he keeps the + 1 AP?

2) Can Hoffman use Tap on an activated construct? If so does this cause any issues?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Slow as a rule states something along the lines of current or next activation. As a result the model affected by it will stop being slow at the end of its next activation.

Therefore this should indirectly answer your second question in that he can use it on an activated construct, they will just be slow next turn.

Edited by Chucklemonkey

Hello everyone I have a few questions that feed off of one another.

1) Does the slow that is caused by Hoffman's Tap go away in the end phase (I assume it does as it does not list a duration). If it doesn't, does that mean he keeps the + 1 AP?

2) Can Hoffman use Tap on an activated construct? If so does this cause any issues?

Thanks

1) Nope, slow specifically affects the models current or next activation, sot it will stay until that model activates again.

2) Hoffman can tap power from a construct that has already activated, it will be slowed on its next activation.

Hope that helps

As far as I know you could also use it on a construct that already has slow with no additional affect.

And slow does not stack, So Hoffman can use it on an already slow construct.

These are great insights from Golden and Ausplosions.

You can bridge your power taps to get two taps with only one slow effect. If you activate your Tap target prior to Hoffman in the first turn of the sequence, then on the 2nd turn of the seqence you activate Hoffman prior to the Tap target. When the tapped target activates in the second turn he has slow from the previous turn and slow from this turn, but since the effect doesn't stack you only loose 1 general AP for your two turns of fast.

Edited by Marcalla