Newby's first Zoraida 35ss crew

Eyclonus

I posted this in another thread for the sake of being neat on the forum, but on second thoughts its probably better to post it a separate thread.

I currently have a 25ss Zoraida-Collodi crew:

Zoraida, the Hag -- 5 Pool

Collodi [8ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Wicked Doll [3ss]

Wicked Doll [3ss]

Wicked Doll [3ss]

Moving to 35ss I have no real idea what to add, this is the list I feel most confident with:

Neverborn Crew 35ss List A

+ Zoraida, Avatar of Fate [2ss]

Collodi [8ss]

Arcane Effigy [4ss]

Insidious Madness [4ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Wicked Doll [3ss]

Wicked Doll [3ss]

Wicked Doll [3ss]

My reasoning is for the Insidious Madness to deal with Immune to Influence models, the effigy is there to boost Zoraida. I feel that at 35 points I should probably have a good target for Zoraida to Obey in the absence of suitable enemy models.

The other list ideas I've had are:

Neverborn Crew - 35ss - List B

Collodi [8ss]

Convict Gunslinger [6ss]

Coppelius [9ss]

Insidious Madness [4ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

and this:

Neverborn Crew - 35ss - List C

Zoraida, the Hag -- 8 Pool

Collodi [8ss]

Convict Gunslinger [6ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Mature Nephilim [10ss]

Finally this:

Neverborn Crew - 35ss - List D

Zoraida, the Hag -- 6 Pool

Collodi [8ss]

Arcane Effigy [4ss]

Insidious Madness [4ss]

Jack Daw [10ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

Marionette [2ss]

I have a feeling none of these are really competitive, that I'd be better off to eschew the Collodi angle or embrace it with Doll only models. I do like the synergies with Jack Daw and an Insidious Madness, but I can only fit it in by cutting Collodi down to just the Marionettes.

The question to start with is what do you have and how much are you willing to spend, and lastly do you have opponents who dont mind proxies if you dont have everything yet and/or are on a limited budget?

As if you can get away with proxies, try a game or 2 with each list in different strategies and see how it does, and then get the one that you enjoy using the most, if you have lots of money spare, buy them all and no one will know what area you will go for with your list :)

But as said above, having more than 1 list is often best as some are better at killing whilst some are better at objective grabbing, and some at holding things ect, though i think Collodi is fair at all 3, not got around to him yet:)

Then for now do the common trick of adding 2 stitched for the extra 10 stones, and see how that works (keeping them close to Collodi makes them WP 8 and so even more deadly)

But for the rest, hwo much are you planing to spend after that someone having used both crews a lot will be able to give more advice for a varied set of strats and schemes, rather than a fixed list :)

Money isn't really something that dictates my purchases, time does, as in earning my money over time so I can spend it over time. I prefer to get models in a sort of list in descending of utility.

Something I should probably mention is that both my local games clubs run Malifaux at 35ss, they're also pretty competitive types.

You didn't mention, but I assume you have a Voodoo Doll? If not, then move that to the top of your priority list.

I personally like using bits of my Lilith crew with Zoraida. If you pick up Lilith's box you have a third Master to tool around with, three great objective grabbers (though, Collodi might obsolete them a little), and a decent beat stick to Obey around the board.