hamelin trigger with simo deaths

Cynon

Question

Hey guys we are playin a game and hoffman just open circuit(ed) and killed a bunch of rats and hamelin at the same time, does hamelins trigger get to go off to bring the rats back even though they all die at the same moment? Any help is appreciated

5 answers to this question

I dont know if that really answered my question (I posted it from my phone and I am super new to the game so lemme rephrase)

I cast open circuit, I hit 3 rats and hamelin (and will be doing enough damage to kill them all)

1) what determines when the damage gets applied?

2) Do I get to pick the order the damage is resolved?

3) If the damage gets applied to everything at the same time, everything dies at the same time so hamelins ability shouldnt be able to go off I would think (but on this I may be wrong)

It's one of those currently poorly-resolved questions according to the rules, from memory. The way that simultaneous deaths (where the order is significant) are traditionally resolved is for the active player (i.e. the one whose turn it is) to choose the order of resolution. So you could choose to have Hamelin die first, then the rats.

However, I can't quote you a RM page or a forum thread to support that - hopefully someone else can help.

So does that mean there is no true "simultaneous" events in this game? Everything must be resolved serially in the order of the active player's choosing?

On a related note, when do effects or abilites end during the death of a model? For instance, does Voracious Rats end before or after Hamelin dies? Does he generate a rat for his own death as well, or does the ability end before he dies?

I can't go into the rules lawyering on this one, but I can tell you how it's played on a practical level -

1. If Hamelin/Rat Catcher and a bunch of stuff dies at the same time and there is nothing else in range with Voracious Rats, everything dies and you don't get new rats. In your example, this means the rats don;t spawn new rats as Hamelin died "at the same time"

2. Hamelin's talent Voracious Rats means when he dies he drops a rat himself, so in your example all of the rats and Hamelin would die, and a single rat would be summoned into B2B with Hamelin.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

I can't go into the rules lawyering on this one, but I can tell you how it's played on a practical level -

1. If Hamelin/Rat Catcher and a bunch of stuff dies at the same time and there is nothing else in range with Voracious Rats, everything dies and you don't get new rats. In your example, this means the rats don;t spawn new rats as Hamelin died "at the same time"

2. Hamelin's talent Voracious Rats means when he dies he drops a rat himself, so in your example all of the rats and Hamelin would die, and a single rat would be summoned into B2B with Hamelin.