Perdita - Starter + blister

Dustcrusher

I'm setting up a demo crew to be left at the store for anyone to use- I decided to go with the Ortegas box as they are characterful models, a solid easy-to-play beginner crew for 25-30 point games, and only one other player is running her.

I would like to add one blister to it for a bit of variety and to guarantee the ability to be used at 35ss. Here are the restrictions that make it more interesting (don't say "Von Schill"- if I had wanted him I would've gotten the Freikorps).

1. I'd prefer Guild models, but as long as you don't mention Von Hogan I am open to mercs as well.
  2. I'd like something that will round out the crew as much as possible.
  3. I'm on a bit of a budget so I really don't want to spend more than another $20 on models.
  4. Von Schill, awesome as he is, is right out.

Here are a few options I've been considering:

• Latigo Pistoleros- probably not the best gameplay choice, but the sculpts are nice and the store already has them.
  • Witchling Stalkers- IMHO at least, always a good fallback choice for Guild if one isn't sure what to take.
  • Austringer- do I really need to explain?
  • Watcher- Watchers are awesome objective grabbers and can help the Ortegas nail crucial shots.
  • Death Marshals- for one more stone than Pistoleros these guys are significant and fairly tough.
  • Enslaved Nephilim- seems like a decent totem and not too weak in melee.
  • Executioner- Melee monster to compliment the Ortegas' shootiness.

You thoughts?

Being a fan of totems as i am, and having not seen Perdita played without one, i would recommend the enslaved nephilim, and also a watcher is it? The fast one for objectives, and ignoring cover vs a model, it sounds like it should be great with any ranged crew/characters, though i am yet to get the chance to buy my own.

Being a fan of totems as i am, and having not seen Perdita played without one, i would recommend the enslaved nephilim, and also a watcher is it? The fast one for objectives, and ignoring cover vs a model, it sounds like it should be great with any ranged crew/characters, though i am yet to get the chance to buy my own.

Both of Ozz's suggestions are good for a demo crew as not only are they good models but they both teach important aspects of the game (totems and objective grabbing).

I agree with many of the above points but I also would like to advocate the Executioner as a fun and satisfying model for new players to try. Paired weapons and the ability to heal when killing an enemy model were both a big hit when I ran a demo about a month or so ago. That said, when demoing I prefer to use a smaller play area to allow the action to get underway more quickly, which benefits slower models quite a bit.