Help me chose my next Booster

Edit: Note to self - double check title next time...

So as I'm about to set off on a voyage of painting that may end at the bottom of a multi-coloured ocean, I thought it's about time I expanded my current puppet selection.

I have one of each box set, plus Viktoria, Hooded Rider, 7 Teddies and have Lucius on his way, and predominately play Marcus, with a growing fondness for Pandora...

So lets go through each Booster and which pupets appeal to me most:

Booster 1

• Results in having three of Ronin, Rotten Belle and Executioner in total, useful but nothing to write home about.
  • I love Moleman, probably my favourite model and one of my favourites puppets, so really tempting.
  • Sorrow is almost vital to Pandora, so it would be nice to not have to proxy the second.
  • A 2nd Gremlin would be great considering they're better in numbers.
  • A 2nd Bad Juju would be fairly welcome, but I'm not a big fan of the model.
  • A 2nd Witchling Stalker would be fairly useless, but it means both my opponent and I can field one.

Booster 2

• Results in having three of Death Marshal, Razorspine Rattler, Malifaux Cherub and Convict Gunslinger. Rattler, Marshal and Gunslinger are all pretty useful, and I have an idea of how I'm going to do my 3 Rattlers (bronze, silver, gold), but I've never been a big fan of Rattler.
  • The major one for me is Guild Hound, an auto-include in almost all my Marcus toyboxes. When I get Lucius I want to try a Ram centred toybox with Marcus, using I Am the Law! and Piglet's upgrade to negate the suits.
  • Mature Nephilim is one of my favourite puppet models and I look forward to painting him. While taking two seems a bit much, what you get is pretty badass and considering I quite like Pandora, he'd definitely see some use.
  • Guild Autopsy would be a nice addition to Seamus, and is cheap and nasty, just how I like 'em.
  • Having a 2nd Zombie Chihuahua however would be fairly useless to me since I've never seen the need to have two.

Booster 3

• Results in having three of Guild Austringer, Punk Zombie, Nurse, Silurid and December Acolyte. That's a lot of triples. I like Austringer but 3 is maybe a bit much, Punk is good and I suppose would see use, Nurse however probably wouldn't. Silurid and Acolyte are probably two of my favourite models out of all the triples, but whether they'd see much game time I'm not sure.
  • The big one here is of course Ice Golem. What a model and another auto-include. Having two would be great, and I'd definitely get use out of them.
  • Problem is, after that the only other doubles I get is Piglet and Hog Whisperer. Piglet would probably see use, but Hog Whisperer would perhaps struggle unless one was taken per player.

So there you have it, pretty good reasons to go for each, but I can only really afford one at this time. Let me know which you think I should go for.

Edited by ThePandaDirector

Not that it is of help, I would probably purchase Pawns 1 for the gremlin (that would put me at three since I was able to pick one up in a trade on the forum) and sorrow, which I too have been proxying. I also like Ronin, and a 3rd would not be terrible, and I like having the Witchling around, just in case (plus I think a Sonnia crew is in my future for Malifaux).

On the other hand (and I am kind of annoyed that I am writing this post, because it is making me highly consider picking up another Pawns 1), I think for you, as a Marcus player, Pawns 3 may be a better solution, especially if you lean towards Silurid and Acolyte over the Rattler.

Haha go for it Hugor, give in to the puppets :1_Happy_Puppet2:

I think I'm mostly torn between Booster 1 and 2 though, as the only puppet I really want in 3 is Ice Golem (problem is it's unlikely I'll ever get one through trade).

I think I might go for Booster 2, since it would make the investment in Lucius more worth it, has something for everyone and some good selection of nice models to boot. It means I'll still have to proxy a 2nd Sorrow for Pandora (and no 2nd Moleman =[ ), but I think I'll get more out of 2 than 1 or 3. If I have the money (which is unlikely since I'm saving for wave 2), then I'll pick up Booster 3, then eventually 1.

Well, let me know what you do, and I will continue thinking about it (just sold a ton of Warmachine stuff since Malifaux and Puppet Wars are kind of taking up all of the free time I can possibly allot to gaming / painting) and have a good bit of money burning a hole in my paypal account just dying to be spent on new models, since I am down to maybe 20 - 25 unpainted models in my entire miniatures collection.

Depending on what you end up getting, I have a 2nd moleman that I picked up in a trade (still unbuilt and bare metal) that I would trade with you. Also have a couple other odds and ins that I could possibly part with, especially if I end up picking up another box.

Edited by Hugor

The dilemas of a hobbyist =P

And getting down to 20-25 unpainted models is a mighty feat, I have two or three times that and that's with only one foot in the hobby.

I bought Booster 2 (plus a pack of Gupps), Guild Hound needs a play mate ;)

I would be happy to trade with you depending on what you're looking for, or what price you offer. On top of my PW collection I have some Malifaux including a number of LE models.