Is def 14 legit? If so...

I always read Cuteness Factor: This Puppet ignores effects which modify its Defense as saying that anything that affects his Defense is ignored.

Not sure on the official ruling of this, but I feel like that is what was meant since two Rad Sword upgrades would potential put him at a Defense 15 4 rip puppet of immortalness.

Actual you're probably right since it states "effects" not "Effects" which is probably a very thin distinction but a distinction nonetheless.

But achieving Df14 with other puppets (if possible) is possible if an undesired design flaw, so you probably will never see one unless they have a rule like Kade but concerning stitches.

Edited by ThePandaDirector

Went to check the rules. The definition of Effects on page 23 is "anything resulting from a Puppet's Abilities and successful actions." so yes, it is an upgrade, but since it an effect, I say defense abilities on upgrades do not work for Kade.

As for the other puppets that can reach 14... there are always auto hits (ice golem, joss, Marcus, etc...) auto kills (teddies) and things that take away upgrades (nurse, Alyce, Bad Attitude) so they will not be impossible to kill.

Went to check the rules. The definition of Effects on page 23 is "anything resulting from a Puppet's Abilities and successful actions." so yes, it is an upgrade, but since it an effect, I say defense abilities on upgrades do not work for Kade.

As for the other puppets that can reach 14... there are always auto hits (ice golem, joss, Marcus, etc...) auto kills (teddies) and things that take away upgrades (nurse, Alyce, Bad Attitude) so they will not be impossible to kill.

+1