Painting with washes only.

RotatingPanda

I am a terrible painter. Truly terrible. But I have discovered a quick and easy way, it seems, to get "table top" quality painting done without having to stress out. The only thing I'm using is washes over a white primer coat.

No highlighting, no dry brushing, no over brushing, no detail work. Nothing. Just washes.

But I've run into a problem. I've begun work on my Raspy crew and the gamins and golem were easy (just blue washes) but now I want to make some things white. Does anyone have any idea how you would do that using only washes?

Water down a light grey and paint it in to (or on) the recesses (or area) you would like to be white. It should make the white areas whiter while giving the recesses some shade as well!!

A.D

Edited by A.D
Not enough detail

paint the mini paint the white area white, gloss coat the mini, to reduce surface tension. Then use black or grey oil paint thinned down enough to act as an oil wash. wash the white area, then carefully clean up the washed area with Isopropyl Alcohol, the oil paint should wipe right off the mini, with out removing the gloss coat. then matt varnish the mini to remove the shine.