What to expand Nico with?

Darios

Hey folks,

Thought i might ask here as well ^^

I have quite fun painting the Rezzers so far, and think about exxpanding my collection for Nicodem... as it is i tend to use models based on how much i like the sculpt more than on how effective they are gameterm wise...

so actually i have:

Nico

Mortimer

Grave Spirit

3 Punks

Rogue Necromancy

4 Canine Remains

several Zombiemodels for count as Mindless Zombies

plus some Outcasts:

Convict

Desperate Merc

sue

etc.

most encountered enemies:

Pandora, Vics, Colette

So long thing short... i have several models in mind which i like sculptwise and wanted to hear you experts about:

- bete noir (new sculpt just rocks): is she wort the buy with Nico?

- Rafkin?

- crooked men? are they useful without the belles...? because belles i will buy with seamus box in a not so distant future... so they are out of the "to buy" question.

- Flesh construct? I really like the alternate version of this guy...

Bete - She is pretty good with just about any Resser master. She is so killy, and against living models she can Paralyze by just landing a strike. Paired Cb6 is awesome, with Nico's Bolster Undead it becomes Paired Cb8!!! Always make sure you have a 10 of anything for one with the night, otherwise your 8pt investment is all for not. She also requires you to take a dog or two to be her "delivery system".

Rafkin - So far I'm unimpressed with him. He is a book 3 model that is still apart of the original design of the faction...to sit back and create this massive horde of undead. It just doesn't work as you end of wasting too much time early on summoning while not completing objectives. I don't think he works as well with Nico for summoning, but works well keeping your dead things...alive. Healing flips are always awesome, and Forestall Decomposition is nice to keep things from being 1 shoted. I think Mortimer is better for the same points though.

Crooked Men - I think they are better with Nico than any other Resser master, IMO. Goes back to Boster Undead, which makes them Cb7, with a 2" reach and a trigger than can dish out Paralyze after damaging defender. Shafted markers are nice, but I don't think it's the only thing they can do, and in my experience they are much better in late game to deny objectives.

Flesh Construct - He is a melee master that can be summoned into the fray...with Bolster Undead he becomes insane. I wouldn't recommend hiring him in a crew, because you can save points and summon him later on to put the pressure on your opponent.

Hope this helps!

it surely does! good to hear that the shafted thing isn't all the crooked are used... i like them quite well and it would be sad to reduce them to one trick ponys...

i thin i might consider the bete and the crooked...

or is there anything else i have completly overlooked so far?