Slateridge Mauler Proxy Ideas?

Nayte

Awesome, thanks guys. Any ideas on how to mod the dire bear for some extra arms and spikes? I'm not great with green stuff but I can try!

Also, how does the bear look when placed on the table? Decent enough size without looking too out of place?

Awesome, thanks guys. Any ideas on how to mod the dire bear for some extra arms and spikes? I'm not great with green stuff but I can try!

Also, how does the bear look when placed on the table? Decent enough size without looking too out of place?

I assume just getting an extra pair of the same bears arms (Not sure if they sell components) as for spikes if you fancy them (lets face it if a 4-armed bear is on the table we can all guess what he is) just add a few on the shoulder areas or down his spine.

Hope this helps

Frankly the bear itself should be fine. One of the official Dead Doxies lacks a Fancy Cane or a Derringer. If you have a bear on a the proper base size I don't seriously suspect that anyone other than a jerk is going to Quibble about it.

This is true, although I guess this depends on your friends/ gaming group... our gaming club are far too lax using anything and everything as proxies

(bad example here but in a WFB tournament I saw a player using a sponge he found in the bathroom as a Steamtank, and another had a cardboard cutout for his general on a 20x20mm base!)

but I must agree its still a bear on a 40mm base (or is it a 50?)

Frankly, I quite enjoy good faith proxies sometimes, especially if, like me, you enjoy converting & custom building figures. Me personally, there are some models I just don't overly care for, either I feel that the official model will look out of place in the crew I intend to primarily run it with, I feel it doesn't represent the personality well it's supposed to represent or I just simply don't care for the model itself.

This is true, although I guess this depends on your friends/ gaming group... our gaming club are far too lax using anything and everything as proxies

(bad example here but in a WFB tournament I saw a player using a sponge he found in the bathroom as a Steamtank, and another had a cardboard cutout for his general on a 20x20mm base!)

but I must agree its still a bear on a 40mm base (or is it a 50?)

Long live the Spongetank!!!!!

How many people would you say (as a percentage) use proxies (and I mean decent proxies not sponges....).

Are the PP/WM/Hordes miniatures appropriate for the setting or are they too "extreme"?

This really warrants its own thread, but here's a quick rundown of what I think.

I love making suitable proxies and nice counts as for malifaux models. Especially, but not limited to models that havent been released yet. I genuinely get a kick out of making a model not many people will yet own, and being able to use it. An example of this is I made a weaver widow. Also, if I dont like the original models, or cant think of a sub, or dont like the rules for a particular model will occasionally run something else as them, or count them as something else. An example of this is I have 5 M&SU rioters, with mining gear and stuff. I run them as desperate mercs, as I want to run a few of them and dont quite like the union miner rules. I run them as customers at the star theatre, rioters, miners, whatever in my arcanist crews. I also dont like the rules for guild guard... I might use those models (who I like very much) as desperate mercs in any guild crews I run.

On the flip side, I do get bummed out when people use bad proxies. I've not yet refused a game, but depending on my mood, I can see it happening in future. What annoys me is not just subbing in something as a one off, eg, a primordial magic as a arcane effigy, who doesnt yet have a model, and you'd like to try the rules, I find this pretty fine. On top of that, if you were to continue using the primordial magic as the effigy, because you liked its rules, Id probably be fine with that. But when the actual models released, using the primordial magic just because you dont want to buy and paint the arcane effigy is very poor show, in my opinion.