Portland, OR, Malifaux games/demos, Fridays

SpiralngCadavr

Yeah the pub theaters are the best. 4 bucks for a tik and cheap popcorn and local micro brews on tap.

Just saw this flick up at cinema 21 and its soooooooooo awesome. Think they have it at 4:30 and 7:30. Check it out if you like awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlmhMSnVdM

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

On a side note, I love it how I'v been a member on this forum for years, and after I post a link (the movie) my threads have to be approved by a mod... thats pretty disapointing.

So what times are you guys usually playing at bridgetown? (didnt they change names?) Dice age is where i used to play but they moved their stuff from saturday to monday because of availability of the person running it and so i have to look for somewhere else to play. havent actually played in like too months :(

Ooh... actually sundays at foster sound good too... been needing to go down to Fubonn more anyway.

Edited by Dreygan

Phinite-- Thanks for the invite! I just recently noticed you guys, and didn't realize you were that close to where I live. Again, Sunday may be an issue, but I'm definitely interested in playing.

Dreygan-- Bridgetowne is still Bridgetowne (unless that "e" was the change, I swear I'd never seen that until less than a month ago, and their site definitely has had a facelift). Gaming is officially 6-9, and starts pretty promptly, since it's a friday night, so it's nice to not stay too late (for significant others and the staff).

Thursdays are also open gaming, but i haven't gone, because that seems like, without advance planning, that wouldn't work out too well, but if you want to try for something, I'm sure it could work.

ok cool... i MIIIIIIIght be able to manage 6 if everything fits in place perfectly... Bridgetown was the only name i know it by, but a friend calls it rose city games or something, i think she said her dad used to go to a store in the same building and it either changed owners or just names or ssomething long ago.

I know it changed owners maybe a year or two ago, but I don't think they changed names. I couldn't find anything conclusive on a "rose city games," so i dunno.

If you're certain you want to do something, but might be 15 minutes late or so, just let me know, things haven't really gotten rolling, so things not starting on time, but having more players is better than the reverse.

Haha, thanks! Yeah, I tend to be able to find way more time to paint than to play, so while your minis might start with poor self esteem, they'll probably feel better once they mash those pretty models in to the table.

So far, it's been pretty loose, since no one's too confident yet, we've been doing 30, mostly.

The community here in SE is on the rise! It's fantastic to see a bunch of people getting together for a hobby that is loved! :D Keep it up Portland!

I was pretty surprised, myself! I'm hoping to see what other groups are up to, once I figure out my schedule, etc.

So, I wasn't able to get in touch with the guy scheduling gaming time, but this would be a first, if he wasn't willing to do it. Here's a belated reminder that there'll be a game tomorrow at 6. As soon as I get any info confirming or denying the tables are open, I'll post it.

If anyone here's (still) interested, let me know.

Thanks!

it seems my weekends are perfectly opposite of whats happening... so you guys are not playing tomorrow (4/20) correct?

Yep, there's a Warmachine night tomorrow (which is why it's been every other friday), but, at least the last couple times, it's been pretty light, so there should be table space for a game. Do you want to set up a game tomorrow?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually selling off most of my Warhammer stuff because I'm fed up with GW and the 40k Portland scene.

I just bought the rule book off of Amazon and look forward to playing this awesome looking game. I can play quite regularly and am in the process of making some boards/terrain.