New Ronin for my Viks Crew

Sholto

I am a big fan of the Ronin sculpts; classic Wyrd with great poses and fun to paint. So why has it taken me 18 months to paint this one? Because I now have a Viks crew to use them with :)

Here she is. Again, painted in the style I am using now, which means no washes, and highlights and shading done by hand in a slightly comic-book fashion:

Ronin_back.jpgRonin_front.jpg

Very nice! I like the smoothness and the overall brightness of the piece. And even though there's lots of colours, they seem to go together rather well. The darkline on the boobs is a tad thick, though and their highlights look a bit weaker than the rest - the hands, for example, are much better darklined. Love the silky appearance of the hair.

All in all, very nice. Be sure to post the rest once you get them done!

Cheers Math.

I noticed the shading on her chest was a bit off when I posted the photos. It is funny what you miss painting that you only see in a photo.

Aye, I have gotten to the point where I tend to take photos first and varnish afterwards, since the photo always seems to show some problematic are that I've missed.

Here is the first Ronin, actually from 2 years ago! Eeek!

It's certainly not bad, but you have progressed quite a bit as a painter between these two Ronin :)