Lady J + Witchling = awesome

TimeLapse

Well here is my 35ss list

Lady J 6ss catch

govs proxy 2ss

witchlings x6 24ss

nino 7ss

So lady jays inspiring swordplay makes witchlings cb 8 with a min damage of 3.... that is amazing. Nino provides range as well as being a high threat level model. Govs proxy adds to wp and casts lady js spells.

What do you guys think, I am looking at this list for missions I have to speas out or take alot of objectives.

Cheers

-Andrew

Edited by TimeLapse

When it works its great, witchlings are great full stop. Personally is drop the proxy for either avatar j or the eztra ss, I find the mark of balance: crows will help keep the witchlings around, whilst you lose inspiring swordplay, towards the endgame survivability can often be more important. have you thought about the witching handler instead of nino for a combat themed crew.

Oh yeah the handler, I can’t believe I forgot about her, she is the best choice, being able to give a extra movement to my witchlings will help me get to objectives faster as well as the added DF and will power flips that alone pays for the model.

Koali - Yeah I fully only expect this to truly work once in each game where lady j goes first and kills something that has everything in range to get the +2 CB, CB of six is fantastic on its own right but for one or two turn in a game the stalkers get crazy.

Another thing I am doing with the list is I’m thinking of taking one witchling stalker out for 2 Desperate merc. Since I can dispel there ability that would make them die if I use it, I don’t have the book right here to look up its name but you know the one I speak of.

I am having a hard time taking the gov proxy out, my game store use a lot of WP based magic, with the Witchlings ability to bounce spells back getting the + one flip from the handler and +2wp form the govs proxy is quite a cool trick. Also the gov proxy casting combat prowus to give stalkers Melee expert +1 is also fun, I hate using The Lady’s ap for it. Even if i avatar her out in turn three i can use the proxy 3 times before that to give out melee expert to my stalkers, paying for his points in my eyes.

I might do this instead, and please let me know what you guys think,

1 Lady J and 6ss cache

Govs proxy 2ss

Desperate merc 2ss

Witchling stalker 4ss

Witchling stalker 4ss

Witchling stalker 4ss

Witchling stalker 4ss

Witchling stalker 4ss

Witchling handler 7ss

I am thinking the avatar it is cool but I may not bring it out every game just when it needs to be used. The list is for a campaign that we have to have 3 set lists for that cannot be changed throughout the league. So my three lists are Nicodem, Von Schill and now lady J.

So in this format, I will wait till the moment is right to avatar out and dump the totem. It is just too key for spreading melee expert +1 to models since his casting is the same as lady j's and he will at least give the +1 action to two witchlings a turn. In a list that does not have many +1 actions this real big help.

Cool thanks for your thoughts I really cant believe I forgot about the handler.

Edited by TimeLapse