Clarification on Hoarcats Devour and Eat your fill

KamikaZ

Question

As I understand it you can cast devour and then use eat your fill immediately after as devour is a melee spell, and paired with Voracious you could eliminate Ht 2 masters with it..... although pretty hard to do but could be done.

Am I reading it correctly?

(0) Eat Yor Fill: This model may immediately use this action after it kills a model with a melee attack. Heal all wounds suffered by this model and immediately end its activation.

as a melee spell counts as a melee attack this does work in a combo right? otherwise it would be like snow storm which has

(0) Eat Yor Fill: This model may immediately take this action after it kills a model with a melee strike or melee spell. This model heals all Wd and then ends its activation.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

sorry forgot to add the page reference for the melle spells being attacks pg 50-51 under spell basics and again under (rg) spell range

7 answers to this question

An "attack" is anything which targets an enemy model (paraphrased; read the rulebook definition). So in essence these are both the same wording and yes, it would work fine with melee spells using the first wording.

However - I'm pretty sure that devour sacrifices a target, and doesn't kill it, so you couldnt trigger Eat your Fill with it.

but seeing as devour essentially causes the model to be killed sacrificed or no, would'nt that still count as "killed" by a melee attack? either way if I pair them with a silent 1 they can devour from 5" away through a north wind buff and frozen heart