Warden proxies

Guild Lawyer

I am starting a Lucius list, and need a proxy for the Warden, a construct Guild Guard. Sticking within the Malifaux aesthetic, any suggestions whatsoever welcome.

PPS: I have kept a suggestion, probably too large, on, For WYSIWYG, the hands could pass as restraining claws.

post-9809-13911922090972_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guild Lawyer
Unsuitable (far too large) miniatures removed, a shift to a more general question,

Those second pic in your most looks like it'd be nice, but with a bit more malifaux'ing up.

I normally love coming up with proxies for things that aren't out yet, but I'm really stuck on this one. I'd suggest a guardian as a base, and change a few things on that, but honestly, I reckon, if you buy the other models now, the warden won't be too far off release by the time their done, book 3 seems like it's almost wrapped up now :)

The current one, that heavier one. It's not a bad model, and I doubt you'd find a better proxy. I'd be tempted to convert the arms to look a bit more like the artwork, as they're kinda cool and would solidify the model as being a warden.

I didnt mean to sound offensive (did I?) When I said wait, or a bit fanboyish. As mentionned, I love making proxies for stuff, but as someone who recently finished making a avatar nicodem model, and a brutal effigy model, then saw the real, awesome models, I was just throwing an opinion out there. (And those were easy conversions, I'd hate you to put in all the work making a decent warden model, it look good, but then the real warden model come out and you be a bit annoyed). Oh well :P

*slaps you both round the back of the heed*

That model looks awesome. There's a great example of someone who made an upright Hunter and armed it with the chain gun in it's hand. I would say that if you want a more Lucius-esque Warden, even more so than the real one will be, then that looks good, but a flat face would be cool, mirror the mask theme and the lack of emotion in these ruthless polisbots =]

Also look at Smog 1888 for more Victorian looking robots, though they may be too large.

post-3604-13911922170197_thumb.jpg

post-3604-13911922170057_thumb.jpg

No, no offence taken, I thought I was being a bit offensive.

Haha sorry, I was having a bad day and it's impossible to get a message fully across on the internet :P Just glad I didnt annoy you :L

Don't like the smog models as proxies for the warden, but I love them on their own, and will find something to proxy them for :')

*Mad capering and dancing in the streets*

Splendid! Bought and on the way, thank you very much.

PS: Sorry if that denigrated anyone else's suggestions, they were very good (and I have bought a Smog 1888 Ripper for fun, and maybe as a Lucius-ed Peacekeeper) but it is nice to get a model that needs no converting at all and looks perfect.

PPS: Prodded around the site. If anyone played Ramos, there is a lovely alternate Brass Arachnid, as well as lots of Guild goodies.

Edited by Guild Lawyer