Neverborn 25ss Tournament List

T3tsuya

I have a tournament coming up in a few games and I've been testing a few different lists so far. The one that's found most success is this.

The Dreamer -- 5 Pool

2 Daydreams [4ss]

Lelu [7ss]

Lilitu [7ss]

Lilitu [7ss]

But I really feel that this falls really quickly to most other crews, as I'm really, really outactivated. I really feel like no matter what I do at 25ss with Neverborn I'm putting most of my eggs in one basket as the model count tends to stay low.

Wat do? Opinions welcome. I'm open to switching masters and I have pretty much the entire Neverborn line so fire away.

Z is my fav master. Whilst all masters are fun to play in their wn right, none entertains me more than Z- she is just so flexible! Here are a few of my fav lists (whioch work for the way I play, but may not for others-I like different takes on crews where possible)

Zoraida- Cache 6

Von Schill 10ss

x2 Terror Tots 6ss

x2 Insidious Madnesses 8ss

With a summoned voodoo doll this puts you at 7 models, 6 of which are ridiculously fast. You can also summon Wicked dolls if need be. Von Schill, with nimble, 2AP and the potential for x2 obeys a turn coupled with his brutal trigger (and x6 ss Zoraida probably won't need) is your main damage output, with 4 models to run objectives and schemes. You could take stake a claim and bodyguard with Zoraida (both announced) and run her 24" into the target terrain for 4 scheme points. The terror tots are very quick and have a pretty good defence and awesome trigger for 3ss. Insidious madnesses can strip away immunties for a turn, so for example, you could conduit a peacekeeper/rider, strip away immunities with the IM and then permanently Hex off the immune to influence rule with Z- thats a pretty awesome way to deal with your opponent quickly.

This is the more "balanced" version. You could, however, switch an IM for a TT and also take Avatar Z with a cache of 5......

In any event, thats isnt for everyone so my other 2 favourites are:

Zoraida- Cache 6

x2 Stitched 10ss

x2 Terror Tots 6ss

x2 Insidious Madnesses 8ss

Zoraida- Cache 6

Collodi- 8ss

x3 Marionettes 6ss

x1 stitched 5ss (obey, healing flip amd filled with stones for the win!)

x1 Insidious madness (again the stirp Immu. to Infl., hex off permanently and then gamble with the stitched-tank)

The later relies on Z, the IM and stitched (with summoned voodoo, wicked dolls) to tie up you opponent while collodi objective runs. Using filled with stones with collodi on the stitched makes it very tough, but you will need to use repulsive and obeys to run it up into a useful area turn 1-2.

Hope some of this is useful T3tsuya.

I have a tournament coming up in a few games and I've been testing a few different lists so far. The one that's found most success is this.

The Dreamer -- 5 Pool

2 Daydreams [4ss]

Lelu [7ss]

Lilitu [7ss]

Lilitu [7ss]

But I really feel that this falls really quickly to most other crews, as I'm really, really outactivated. I really feel like no matter what I do at 25ss with Neverborn I'm putting most of my eggs in one basket as the model count tends to stay low.

Wat do? Opinions welcome. I'm open to switching masters and I have pretty much the entire Neverborn line so fire away.

I wrote an article about a neverborn 25pt crew for a tournament around here

http://soulstonesociety.com/2012/02/dream-a-little-dream-25pt-dreamer/#more-133

I found the ability to turn off many strategies and schemes from using stitched togethers was really nice. Also they are my highest costing minion so it also turns off Kill Protegee.

The night before, I decided that instead of one bat I used an Insidious Madness for it's negative willpower aura which helps with Stitched's Gamble and Gamble Your Life.

Personally with the Dreamer i would swap a Lilitu for a second Lelu, for me the Lilitu in a dreamer list never does to much as everything is always placed close together, basically it gives a higher damage output. I will add that Lilitu is one of the models i don't think i use even close to properly, she just its around and does not much for me so i could be wrong with my advice.

And 6 models in 25 stones isnt having you out activated by to much, except against a horde crew i wouldn't have though?

These are all interesting reads, pretty much echoing things I have thought about like the stitched + insidious list. I hadn't considered that would turn off so many VPs for the enemy though, that is nasty.

I -have- tried that Zoraida Von Schill list. It is nasty, I just don't have a Von Schill at my disposal unfortunately.

I'll try a few of these ideas. Thanks for the ideas. If anyone has any more I'd be happy to hear them.

I found the ability to turn off many strategies and schemes from using stitched togethers was really nice. Also they are my highest costing minion so it also turns off Kill Protegee.

Would you like to give us a deeper insight?

While I was playing my last tournament (and well, the first too), I got the idea to field a neverborn army with a high model count. The fact that such a kind of army also negates some VP to the foe is something I never thought about!

ZK

I would use:

Dreamer - 5ss Cache

2 Daydreams - 4ss

3 Stitched - 15ss

2 Night Terrors - 6ss

You're Stitched are going to rock Slaughter and Kill Protogé. They're also just a general pain for your opponent. The 2 Night Terrors allow you to grab a lot of Schemes and Strategies. And you have Dreamer/LCB and the Daydreams to boomerang around to take out your opponents key models.

You shouldn't be losing many models for the first 3-4 turns if you play it right, and you should be taking out 1 model a turn with LCB. Not many crews can work well when you have taken out 4 models of your choice, and you should still have 6 Significant models left to grab any location based VPs.

Fixed Shared Strategies, Fixed Crew. Not telling us what exact strats, just that they're shared.

Yuck, not a fun way to play the game. If you have a fixed crew at least tell you the Strategies ahead of time so you can plan for them. With the way the game is balanced the current method is going to favor very specific masters and crew builds.

I think you are better of dropping the twins from the list and going with some lower stoner powerful models, like stitched together.

I would use:

Dreamer - 5ss Cache

2 Daydreams - 4ss

3 Stitched - 15ss

2 Night Terrors - 6ss

You're Stitched are going to rock Slaughter and Kill Protogé. They're also just a general pain for your opponent. The 2 Night Terrors allow you to grab a lot of Schemes and Strategies. And you have Dreamer/LCB and the Daydreams to boomerang around to take out your opponents key models.

You shouldn't be losing many models for the first 3-4 turns if you play it right, and you should be taking out 1 model a turn with LCB. Not many crews can work well when you have taken out 4 models of your choice, and you should still have 6 Significant models left to grab any location based VPs.

This is all up the player if they want to burn through soulstones or not. I like running 7-8 SS since I will inflict dreams w/SS a master and then soulstone up all of chompy's hits. So I will burn about 4 stones in the first good alpha strike and have 3-4 for whenever needed/another daydream.

This is all up the player if they want to burn through soulstones or not. I like running 7-8 SS since I will inflict dreams w/SS a master and then soulstone up all of chompy's hits. So I will burn about 4 stones in the first good alpha strike and have 3-4 for whenever needed/another daydream.

If I wanted more SS, then I would most likely drop a Stitched, and pick up another Night Terror instead, or maybe an Insidious Madness. As some of the games, you really want to win the initiative, so the Madness is good for that. But it is also good for objective grabbing, much like the Night Terrors.

Thanks for the advice guys. It ended up switching last minute to fixed faction pulling models from a 45ss pool for a 25ss game with limited schemes (Assassinate, Eye for an Eye, Steal Relic, Kill Protege, and Frame for Murder) as well as fixed strats (SContain Power, SRecconnoiter, SClaim Jump...I know. It ended up being fun a lot of fun regardless. Went quickly. Everyone was fun to play with.) So I really ended up needing a specialized general list. I managed. Grabbed 2nd place with

The Dreamer -- 7 Pool

3 Daydreams [6ss]

Insidious Madness [4ss]

Night Terror [3ss]

Stitched Together [5ss]

Stitched Together [5ss]

and one round with the twins list.

I took a lot of advice from this thread to heart, it really did help. I found myself wanting more Night Terrors on Rec. Might go out and get some more.

Again, thanks for the advice. It was really helpful