Taking a new direction.

ghostwalker

Hiya all,

For about a year now i have been playing malifaux with the ortegas. Now dont get me wrong i love the simple approach you gain from them, but i find myself craving a bit more of a challenge.

Without breaking away from the guild i was wondering what other masters we have that bring more 'shennanigans' to the table. I have enjoyed playing against masters like seamus and also the show girls.

So i guess im asking what masters other people would suggest for a bit more of a tactical approach.

Lady J and Sonnia are both very offensive Masters without too much subtlety. Hoffman would be a possibility since he has some cool synergies with his constructs.

My recommendation though would be to go with Lucius. He's more of a back line/buffing/control master. And you could use him as a Henchman in your Perdita crew for additional options.

Mike

In fairness, the Guild master with most shennanigans IS the Ortega, due to the companion chains and multiple Obeys. The Lucius comment above is golden; he brings so much to the table.

For a totally different pace though, do try Sonnia and her Avatar

Edited by Spiku

I'd say look into Hoffman and Lucius. Hoffman is all about synergizing with his constructs and plays a very different game than The Family. Plus, I feel he's a master who will grow with the game. As more constructs are released the possibility of vastly different playstyles will emerge for him. Lucius is another interesting choice due to his backline nature. Personally, I love him as a henchman with Lady J but haven't tried him as a master yet.

Thanks for the replies so far :)

I have (though unassembled) the crew box for soniia. Must admit i was tempted by hoffman as he appears a very different master to perdita.

Im just finding perdita to be a simple trick to use. Chuck in abuela to the crew. Obey papa until he can go boom and then wait for the critical moment to alpha strike.

Probably the highlight of using perdita thus far was hearing another player who was using showgirls proclaim ' your killed my coryphee, nobody kills my coryphee' in a slightly shocked tone.