Sonnia And Captain Awesome

EvilZeb

Hi!

I just started collecting and playing Malifaux. My first box and models was Von Schill (Captain Awesome) and other outcast models.

Now I'm looking for a leader he can Hench for. Two things got me interested in Sonnia.

1. She looks like his wife.

2. She blasts alot, and his armor can deal with it.

So the real question is. If I'd like to run Sonnia with the Friekorps. What would you recommend me taking from the guild?

I have limited gaming experience with malifaux. So If I had to choose today I'd just take the things that looks good :)

This is definitely an interesting idea!

One problem I can see with making it work is that the Freikorps Librarian is super-expensive to hire as a Mercenary, and you're already blowing extra SS on Von Schill. However, getting Aetheric Theories off on Sonnia should be fairly devastating. To be honest, I probably wouldn't include more of the Freikorps than that except in special circumstances... you're already paying so much for them that you would almost certainly be better off with Guild alternatives.

I'm not a Guild player so I don't really know what the powerful minion combos are, but Sonnia's usual Witchlings are damn solid 4 SS models, and Samael puts out scary damage if you can keep him alive. The Witchling Handler from Book 3 might be worth a look, and Watchers from Book 2 are excellent objective-grabbers. The Guild's real strength is in long-range weapons - Nino Ortega and the Austringers (that sounds like a band name) are very solid ranged killers and well worth their stones in any Guild list.

The thing with Von Schill is he really does just works well with everybody. The only possible way that Sonnia is hurt by takeing Von Scholl is you can't take Sue if you where interested in takeing him. You can use Von Schill to grab objuectives while the rest of your crew focuses on the other crew. I mean taking three Witchlings and Von Schill is not a bad list at the 25 list.

I play Sonnia more than any other master. While both Perdita and Lady J are probably better I just have a blast (pun intended) every time I play her. I bring Captain Awesome with her about 50% of the time (the other 50% I bring Lucius). The ability to grab objectives early while getting into position with Sonnia makes Von Schill a great addition to a Sonnia crew.

My Sonnia and Von Schill lists generally look something like this:

35 Stones

Sonnia Criid w/ 8 stone pool

10 Von Schill

7 Santiago Ortega

7 Nino Ortega

4 Witchling Stalker

3 Watcher

I bring Sonnia's avatar about 90% of the time, but occasionally I will bring non-avatar Sonnia in a really shooty list like the one above.