Henchmen / sidekick for puppet wars

Hugor

Started looking into the henchman process, and was wondering if there are any plans to create henchmen...I guess sidekicks...for puppet wars.

As has been said many times, puppet wars is a totally different game, and thus may need a different system.

Also wondering if anyone has started doing a puppet wars night or monthly event. Want to start something like this, but not really sure how to go about it or how to bolster interest. I have done a ton of demos and everyone who plays really enjoys the game, but not sure how to compete with all the other nights at my local game store, and am thinking maybe board game night would be my best bet.

Anyway, thought I would ask to see what people thought.

Yeah, board game night is definitely the best bet. Since the game has a board, that's where game stores are going to class it on event night.

My advice is, just find one other person who can show up consistently and show up at the same time on the same night every week. Consistency is key. Then just spread the word as best you can that that's when puppet wars is being played (be sure to tell the guys who work there, so they can direct anyone who purchases puppet wars your way). Eventually, either people who heard and are already interested in the game will join you, or people will see you playing and start asking questions.

If you don't have one other consistent person, just show up and paint.

That's my advice for getting interest in just about any game started.

Started looking into the henchman process, and was wondering if there are any plans to create henchmen...I guess sidekicks...for puppet wars.

Can't say much on this only that it has crossed minds. Wish I could say more but I can't :/

But that shouldn't stop you from basically doing the same thing just without the title for now :) I agree with Lalo's advice on it, I've found that works very well. I managed to get some players in my area hooked by consistent playing and it's done well enough for it's self.

Thanks for the tips. Talked to a local Malifaux player two nights ago who wants to start playing weekly, and I posted on the wall of one of the local game stores to see if there is an interest and to offer demos on a wider basis, so hopefully I will be able to get something together in the near future that will help satiate my puppet wars addiction.

Until then, I will probably start popping in on board game nights and asking people to play / offering demos. Having almost every puppet painted (think I am 5 away from having 1 of each puppet painted) I feel like the minis, cards, and board should at least draw some interest all on its own.

Having painted miniatures is a major plus when demoing any game, it's a major attention drawer, and that's what you need the most, a hook to grab someone's interest. You have some good ideas and seem to be on the right track. Just keep at it and I'm sure things will fall in place. Best of luck!