Immolate, Pyre Marker, Ice Pillars

96p

Question

5 answers to this question

A good rule of thumb is: If there is no end time stated on the card (until this model casts this spell again, until the model does anything but walk or pass, etc) Spells end during the Closing Phase of the Turn (meaning the effects go away).

The Ice Pillars stay (They are terrain)... Pyre Markers stay until the spell is cast again (says on the card)... and Immolate Markers go away (no duration stated).

I could be wrong, but here is my reasoning: It is not named terrain under the spell (like Ice Pillars are), and it doesn't have a stated end time (Like Pyres do).

According to the RM (pg 18) Markers have different traits, but are not considered terrain (except when the rules on the card trump the RM), and remain in play for as long as it takes to resolve the effects (which, unless otherwise stated, is the end of the turn).

Again, I could be totally off (and if I am, someone had BETTER tell me ;)). Hopefully I'm not though. :)

I could be wrong, but here is my reasoning: It is not named terrain under the spell (like Ice Pillars are), and it doesn't have a stated end time (Like Pyres do).

According to the RM (pg 18) Markers have different traits, but are not considered terrain (except when the rules on the card trump the RM), and remain in play for as long as it takes to resolve the effects (which, unless otherwise stated, is the end of the turn).

Again, I could be totally off (and if I am, someone had BETTER tell me ;)). Hopefully I'm not though. :)

You're theory seems fine, if not specified elsewise they end in the resolve effects stage

I agree with you 100%. I just picked her up and reading though her card, i was under the impression that they only last untilll the start close phase. =]