Printed books and rule updates

Iron Heel

Question

Hi,

I'm new to the game.

I've got the 3 rulebooks (not the little one) coming in the mail via a trade.

I get the sense that there have been changes to the rules and I wondered what would be the best strategy for a person new to the game to get things right in his head and be up to date.

Is there more than one printing of any of the books that are more up-to-date?

Is there a compile errata somewhere?

In general, is going off of the cards safe, or have there been lots of changes to those too?

Any tips are appreciated. :pumpkin:

4 answers to this question

The Rules Manual has most of the updated rules in it (the little book). The rules in books 1 and 2 are outdated. There is also a lot of stuff that has been looked at since the RM came out, and that can be found here on the rules therad :)

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

The RM is available as a PDF on Malifaux.com

First, I'd pick up the small book. Remember that it is available to download off of www.Malifaux.com . This has the most up to date printing of the rules, with the exception of the new information in the 3rd main book. You can also find a list of modifications on that website. Rules clarifications, erratas, and such. Not everything is there, but it covers quite a bit. Beyond that, searching and posting here on the forums is the best way to get questions answered.

Welcome to the game