Lady Justice Uniforms?

cheetor

I am new to Malifaux. I am just about to start painting my Lady Justice crew and I am looking for clarification regarding the colour schemes of the Lady Justice and Guild factions.

If any of you guys can answer these questions then I would appreciate it.

1. The Death Marshals are ghouls or wraiths or something, right? What are they? Zombies? Wraiths? Ghouls? Unknown?
  2. Do Death Marshals wear a uniform, or are they all just similarly clothed?
  3. Similarly, do Lady Justice and the Judge wear uniforms? Are their outfits always the same or am I free to paint them whatever way that I like and still have them fit in with the background as written?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am also relativly new to Malifaux, but I ll try to answer you what I know.

Death Marshals are, according to fluff, trained in necromancy, and while they are not allowed to use it, this training left some marks on their bodies which could terrify "normal" people. So I guess "Unknown" would describe them best.

I think they are just similarly dressed, and in this game you can paint all your miniatures the way you want, so don t worry about that.

It's your figures. Feel free to paint them how ever you want.

1. The Death Marshals are kind of like rangers that got physically corrupted by the Necromancy they are trained to fight.

2. I don't think they have standard issued uniforms. It seems like they are the western marshals/cowboys.. each has their own style. Mostly dusty and old.

3. Lady J is never in a uniform in the fluff if I remember right.. I think her only purpose is to fight. And the judge.. I think the same thing.

Thanks for your help guys.

Of course. I really just wanted to have a few of the concepts involved in the characters to mull over while I decide what colours to go with :)

Well for concepts you can read over the fluff and that gives you some good idea's. Also for most of the guild you could look into westerns for some good concepts and idea's.

I have to agree. 'Standard' color schemes are WAY overrated

I have always made my own colour schemes for my miniatures. I enjoy it. I tend not to notice other gamers miniatures if they are painted according to "official" schemes, simp[y because I have seen them before so often.

Using the on-the-box schemes suits some people I suppose, but it has never really been my thing.

but IIRC, the only fluff describing any of their clothing refers to the Judge's white duster (which isn't even a color scheme).

That is exactly the sort of thing that I am curious about, thanks. I am particularly interested in knowing about items of clothing that link to the background (say if the white duster is a badge of office or something). While I may or may not use those elements when painting, I do like to know beforehand anyway.

Thanks for your help.

All of my Guild have primarily Green and Grey clothing - usually Green Jackets and scarves, Grey trousers. I like the idea of them wearing their own interpretation of a uniform. I even gave Sue a bit of Green to tie him in (though my Miss Demeanour has none of that).

As far as Death Marshalls go, I tried painting mine to look pale and unhealthy, to reflect the necromancy's effect on them (as mentioned). Judge is an extreme example of the effect, as we're told his face is pretty much missing underneath his scarf.

A Duster is a long water proof over coat from the 1880 -1900 popular amongst cowboys & others who had to go round in the inclement environment of the American west. It was usually a yellowish brown - GW Snake bite leather is a good mid tone. Th judges being white would be unusual & hence it was remarked on.

I haven't done any death marshals yet but I have done quite a few of the long coats as yellowish brown regardless of faction. I do a lot of the trousers as a similar colour because the early jeans where all brown rather than blue.

My Guild uniforms are all deep bronze Green with Red cuffs collars & gold (yellow) lace on the Guard being modelled on Czarist Russians but there is no right colour scheme & there are no Malifaux versions of the Wargames Fashion Police either.

As for Guild uniforms, the only ones I've done are on my guardsmen-types. Blue coats and hats with white trim with dark grey pants and shiny black leather. The Guild Guard Commander (or whatever the fat man is called) got a red sash. Even the Exorcist got that uniform. The Austringers got a faded blue coat and hat, dark grey pants, off-white shirts and miscellaneous leather colors (since they're not exactly 'regulars'). They're all somewhere in here.