Jack's Collodi crew, and others when I get round to photographing them :)

*Jack*

Hey all, New look to the forum finally drove me to upload pictures of my painted stuff. Lights not great atm so the models dont look great, will take some more in natural light later, as the colours show up better.Collodi:Untitled.png324525.pngUntitledpng23.pngGrain on his hands isnt showing up great :/Wicked dolls: 1242-1.pngMarionettes:42664-1.pngP1060793-1.jpgLast pic shows the bases well, coffee stirrers and thin lines of brown paint :) Will get a whole crew pic up when my stitched togethers arrive, and I paint them :) C&C greatly appreciated :)

Edited by *Jack*

very nice, it's always good to see a Collodi crew up on the forums. i haven't seen too many around here. i like collodi's color scheme from the art, but thought the studio models were a little too green. i like your work taking it back to the blue/purple and less teal/purple. (my tastes) i am eager to see them with better lighting and a group shot! :D

Consider the walking bomb concept stolen. Seriously, great idea.

What parts are you using?

I stole the idea off someone on this forum, so feel free :P The thread was called "Constructs abound", and as I remember, it was a gorgeous painting log of ramos.

It's a ball of greenstuff, was going to use a marble but couldnt find one, but greenstuff is probably better as it holds glue and paint better. The feet are from a wargames factory shock trooper, but anything, cadian, empire militia, anything will work. Top is from a bunch of watch parts I got off ebay, useful for steampunking up stuff. The exhausts are the muzzle from a 40k gun of some sort, most likely orks, but I've lost one now, but anything will work, and I dont think they're necessary. Got to give him some eyes somehow, and a clockwork winder-upper in his back.

Thanks for looking guys.

Hi all :)

Firstly, almost finished painting the bomb-omb, but here's finished pics I took before painting, as I thought someone might like too see it if they were planning to make something similar.

Untitledpng4564.png

I still don't know whether I'm going to start a ramos crew :/ I really want to, but don't know if I'll ever get it finished, or use it. But every time I see a log of his models, I'm desperate to get some :P I have a plan for a soulstone miner proxy, more to my liking modelwise than the official one, so if that gets finished, I promise I'll do the rest of the crew.

Small update on my hamelin crew sorry. Been doing a lot of rats recently. Hardest bit about them is the bases :L Will gets some better pics, but here's nix and 4 rats. Stolen next. or Hamelin. Or probably more rats -

Untitledpng56346-Copy.png

Very nice stuff, love the Bomb-omb :)

Haha Thank you :) I've pretty much finished painting him now, just have the eyes left, and maybe a touchup on the shoes. I've been magnetizing some arachnids for a ramos crew I'll get a pic of, and began building a unique, more ramos-y sulstone miner :)

Tomorrow, I'll upload pics of my finished ressurectionist stuff, mcmourning and co :)

Cheers for the comments guys, really motivating me to get painted :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again :)

Painting up a bete noire, not sure about her hair colour, any ideas?

try24brtv.png

And working on a soulstone miner conversion, here's the tunnelling marker, done like a periscope, the orange will be part of the hat on the actual miner model (going for a big robotic union miner kinda feel)

ttewtr-1.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. Havent had much time to paint recently and have been stressed with preparation for exams... My solution? Cancel other stuff I had on and paint to calm myself down! Painted more in the last week than I have in the last 6 months.

So... Weaver widow proxy.

widow.png

widback.png

wid.png

And a brutal effigy. Been working on this one for a while, dont like the bronze skin. Decided to get it painted when I saw pics of the official one, giving me a good month to use it. I dont even like running it with collodi, I want an arcane effigy goddammit! Sorry for the awful pics.

brutaleff.png

eff.png

Group shot to come, along with arcanists, rezzers and outcasts. Oh and some khador and a blood bowl team. Yeah, I've been busy :D

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Group shop of my dolls:

P1060913.jpg

I need to go round the rim of some of their bases with black, forgot to on the first few and it makes them look sooooo much better.

I also got these lasercut at college - P1060915.jpg

Scrap counters. The darker one is washed with gryphone sepia, not sure if I prefer it and want to do it on all of them. Thoughts?

Bob-omb, finished:

elec4.png

Tunnel marker, finished. It's going to look much better when I finish the soulstone miner, promise.

fin.png

some stolen for my hamelin crew comp.jpg

Coming up soon, Magnetized steampunk arachnids, mindless zombies and maybe a group shot of my hamelin crew.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Magnetized steampunk arachnids - P1060924.jpg

Arachnids on bit of plasticard with a magnet, magnet added to base as shown in this pic :)

P1060927.jpg

Vulture and counts as vulture totems -

P1060932.jpg

Mindless Zombies:

P1060935.jpg

Hats were greenstuffed :')

Punk zombies :

P1060936.jpg

Scrap counters. The darker one is washed with gryphone sepia, not sure if I prefer it and want to do it on all of them. Thoughts?

Although they look good, I think the unwashed ones are easier to read and identify at a glance due to the contrast between the darker etching and the lighter exterior. Unless you had a way to color the etching separately so it'd stand out, my vote is for the unwashed counters. Just my two scrip.

I'm really liking the bob-omb, and curious what you're using for the widow weaver.

Cheers :) It's a freebooters fate mini, with some conversion, alt arms, head filled in and eyes sculpted. Can't claim credit for the idea though, got it off this forum, and copied it to a T :') link to original as it deserves credit

and @deus, I think you're right. I'll try inking in the writing on that test piece. I like the look of it washed, very malifaux, but the clean style of the original works well with collodi.

And Because I <3 all things puppets... I can't promise I'll ever get it finished, because I've never sewn before, and I think I'm the first person to try this, and I work much better when I'm copying someone elses work :P

hat.jpg

The hat of nicodem... Working on making the whole thing :')

still loving that bomb-omb! and i really like bette; she looks so good. and the stolen and well... they all look good! as for the counters, i kinda prefer them washed. it does give that malifaux feel to them. unfortunately, you can't tell the writing on them otherwise they would be perfect.

i like the idea of making some of the puppets, i just can't sew to save my life. can't wait to see the final product!

• 4 weeks later...

Righto... Update-a-rooney-time.

A pretty poor show, I've done way more but cant remember what you've seen and what you havent, and the last thing I want to do right now is spend a long time photographing and uploading stuff, as I really should be revising :P

Nicodem:

Took off the vulture, added a staff. Wasnt really bothered about this model as I'll get the alt when its out, and have always been waiting for that, but I quite like this one now. Wyrd base, some orange foliage to bring out the colour, NMM leg which I'm quite proud of:

P1060948.jpg

nico.png

Oh and took out his old staff and gave him a tablet of necromancy... ooh, fancy :P

Morty: P1060958.jpg

Not much to say, not my best job but not my worst. Trimmed the spade because the original is ridiculously long.

Hamelin for my hamelin crew:

Gave him a hat, like the avatar artwork. Why? Because it looks damn badass and I dont like his head. P1060955.jpg

Coryphee for my showgirls crew:

Was really looking forward to painting this lot, but I'm doing a terrible job of it :( Which is really annoying. My colour theory is all over the place and I cant find motivation. I may strip the entire crew, again, and try when my exams are over -

cory.png

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Those scrap counters I got lasercut - Decided to go for the used look, so washed them, then sanded them to add wear. Quite pleased with how they turned out. Yet to do the backs, which is quite nice as you can see the difference I've made :)

P1060959.jpg

And finally some Dystopian wars I've been working on:

P1060944.jpg

P1060951.jpg

Republique of france. Can post more if people want? A bit hesitant because this is the wyrd forum and if you wanted to see DW you'd go elsewhere, but they're the only decent thing I've done since my last update :P

Cheers in advance for any feedback you want to leave :)

Really liking your work so far, though not seeing myself why you have problems with your Coryhee? I think it looks great, though it does just drum in the fact i need to do the detail and such for mine, eg all the bows and such, but bar the reminding me of my lack of progress, it looks great:)