Declaring 0 Actions

Bloodedsoul

Question

7 answers to this question

When a model activates, it receives one 0 action and 2 AP to spend. You don't pay costs like 0 or 1 AP or 2 AP unless it is your activation.

I play Perdita's (0) Quick Draw to work the following way:

During Perdita's activation, she may take Quick Draw as her (0) action for the activation. If any model after that activaiton fulfills the requirements of Quick Draw, she may then use that ability to interrupt them.

If Perdita has not yet activated, Quick Draw is not yet ready and she can not interrupt their action. Likewise, she wouldn't have it available if she had done a different 0 action (like Hero's Gamble) during her activation.

I guess I play it like this...when you take that 0 action it places the following text on her card as an ability to make use of. Before you pay the 0 action, the text is not really available.

Note: No rules marshall hat or anything, that's just how we play it at my place.

-Turbodog

Edited by Turbodog

I play Perdita's (0) Quick Draw to work the following way:

During Perdita's activation, she may take Quick Draw as her (0) action for the activation. If any model after that activaiton fulfills the requirements of Quick Draw, she may then use that ability to interrupt them.

If Perdita has not yet activated, Quick Draw is not yet ready and she can not interrupt their action.

I guess I play it like this...when you take that 0 action it places the following text on her card as an ability to make use of. Before you pay the 0 action, the text is not really available.

Note: No rules marshall hat or anything, that's just how we play it at my place.

-Turbodog

This is correct.

(0) Actions may only be used on a model's own activation unless explicitly stated otherwise, such as Nix's ability to use a (0) action whenever a model is sacrificed. As in the Perdita example, a (0) action, like any other type of action, may apply an ongoing effect.

Thank you for the answers, I brought this up to the guys where we play, a few are skeptive of it based off information they were given from another group of players who have played longer than we have. I've probably missed it, but any chance you have a page number stating 0 action only on a models turn? I agree with how you say it goes, but for the sake of keeping peace and some harmony with our group it's nice to show it in print.

Thank you for the answers, I brought this up to the guys where we play, a few are skeptive of it based off information they were given from another group of players who have played longer than we have. I've probably missed it, but any chance you have a page number stating 0 action only on a models turn? I agree with how you say it goes, but for the sake of keeping peace and some harmony with our group it's nice to show it in print.

Can the skeptics in your group provide a page number stating they can use (0) Actions outside of a model's activation (or any actions for that matter)? I really hate this dynamic in gaming groups. Once you've got enough people believing something that someone completely pulled out of their a$$, you have to prove to them its wrong. The worst part, typically their will be resentment beyond or because of this "rule lawyering."

Not trying to be jerk, but I don't see how you/they were able to have any kind of discussion about the rule and still miss this.

Rules Manual page 32: Actions

"A model may only take (0) Actions during its own activation."

I really hate this dynamic in gaming groups. Once you've got enough people believing something that someone completely pulled out of their a$$, you have to prove to them its wrong. The worst part, typically their will be resentment beyond or because of this "rule lawyering."

You and me both buddy.

Can the skeptics in your group provide a page number stating they can use (0) Actions outside of a model's activation (or any actions for that matter)? I really hate this dynamic in gaming groups. Once you've got enough people believing something that someone completely pulled out of their a$$, you have to prove to them its wrong. The worst part, typically their will be resentment beyond or because of this "rule lawyering."

Not trying to be jerk, but I don't see how you/they were able to have any kind of discussion about the rule and still miss this.

Rules Manual page 32: Actions

"A model may only take (0) Actions during its own activation."

Thank you for that.

We are a group that also plays warhammer fantasy semi competivly, so we try to follow rules as closely as we can. Yes a few of us can get rules lawyerish, but we just have varried opinons. The shop owner acts as a sort of tiebreaker/ final word untill we can prove otherwise, he tries to follow what is logical to him, or what some of the other local TO's rule.

And you are not being a jerk, we have some problems finding rules in the rule book (that sounds so bad) when we are looking for a specific one.

A model cannot take (0) actions outside of its activation. That's about as definitive as it gets. If they're looking for where it says they can't, then I ask the same as above...that they point out where it says they can. ;) A model can take actions that require AP during its activation. 0 AP is still a value.

Granted, if one of them has the original Perdita card there is the implication her Quick Draw can be used outside of the activation. However, her v2 card has corrected that. Maybe that's where the interpretation was coming from.