help dealing with immune to influence with Seamus

Tspot

If you don't have access to Onryo, and are set in using your list as is the only hope is to distract them by out playing them and somehow getting your opponent to move them into a position where they won't do any good, or bring a nasty enough hitter on your own to kill them outright. Other than that there isn't much you can do if you are set on bringing a WP based crew against models which are immune to influence.

I've had reasonable success against Teddy using Seamus himself. Walk into range if necessary, .50 to the face then Live for Pain once or twice. Make sure a Belle is in position to be Womanised before you start, and use herimmediate activation to Lure Seamus back and around a corner to safety.

Mike

Quite simple really - bring models that can kill things, don't just bring Wp duels.

I figured as much, bete noir might start seeing some use.

I just didn't know if I was missing something about what immune to influence meant. If there was a loophole or somehing. I didn't think so but I just wanted to confirm.

Cheers, T

I figured as much, bete noir might start seeing some use.

I just didn't know if I was missing something about what immune to influence meant. If there was a loophole or somehing. I didn't think so but I just wanted to confirm.

Cheers, T

I'd advise against Bete Noir for this particular purpose. Most models that are I2I tend to also be nonliving models, which she's less effective gainst.

I can't recommend Dead Rider enough, plus Seamus is free to take Grave Spirit to attach to him as CCC is generally not used.

Alternatively, consider Von Schill as a heavy hitter that is also great at capping objectives and difficult to remove from the board.

I would have a look at onryo, pretty good all round 5ss model, and can cast something to get rid of immunities. Only needs a duel against an opponents casting, which is generally quite easy to beat. There is also the carrion effigy in twisting fates that can put up a 4" aura to cancel out immunities!!

Carrion Effigy would often be eaten alive by the models he is trying to take the immune to influence away from as he needs to get within 4". If it is absolutely essential to getting rid of immune to influence Onryo is your only option, otherwise kill it another way.

I'm not sold on Onryo. I'd like them alot better if their malevolence ability wasn't a spell, as you need a 7 on the flip to even get the spell to work. That said, if you are using them with The Hanged, at least you have another spirit to target with your vengeful whisper.

Avatar Seamus scares all don't forget his manifestation!

Yeah, but it is situational, to be honest. Don't get me wrong, I love his avatar, but I wouldn't rely on getting it out as my battle plan. Once he manifests he becomes that much easier to take out.

Onyro + Hanged are a giant 13ss, and if your opponent sees them both on the board they should know what to expect. It's a much better trick with Kirai (then again she is just ridic anyway). In a Seamus list, I'd rather have 2 PZ's and 3ss to spend or keep for his cache.