Shikome Wicked question

Malcontent

A situation arose in last night's game that I can't find an answer to.

Shikome was chasing down a Terror Tot as her Prey. She moved into melee range of the Prey and was positioned to also be in melee with a Cherub totem.

Next turn the Cherub tried to disengage, Shikome flips to block and due to her Wicked ability (if I remember correctly) should be inflicting damage.

However, according to her rules she cannot attack any other model until her Prey is dead.

How does that all work?

Does she not get to block the disengaging Cherub?

Does she block the Cherub but can't damage it?

Does she block and damage the Cherub as it's not strictly speaking a Strike?

Any thoughts or previous experience of this?

Thanks Calmdown.

With that in mind there seems no advantage in positioning the Shikome to engage with multiple models in the way we did last night, if they can just walk away.

Terrifying is limited to your engagement range, so if they're affected by terrifying it's still advantageous.

You're still engaging those models even though you can't target them, so no ranged attacks or ranged spells, and they can't charge you if they've engaged you too.

And if your prey dies while you're prepositioned that way, suddenly you have all of those models engaged.

Depends on the situation of course but it can definitely have uses.

The issue with that plan, is as soon as the enemy move out of mele, you have to let them, or stop them, if you stop them you can be hit in mele, if you let them you can be shot at so it is not as great as it sounds:) But hey, what's why Colette makes os many stones, all her crew can eat them, even the lowly mannequins:P

Makes for an interesting first couple of turns if the Shikome chooses Cassandra as its prey!

On a related note, sly players will note that the Shikome can therefore be pinned in melee by a nasty model that is not its prey and be unable to retaliate.

I've tried running Shikome in non-Kirai lists, but prey is too restricting, and this is one of the reasons.

In Kirai however, this is not really a problem.

I've tried running Shikome in non-Kirai lists, but prey is too restricting, and this is one of the reasons.

In Kirai however, this is not really a problem.

I know this is a Rezzer thread, but just to point out, also not a problem if you transform into one as Myranda.....you lose the spells, but still have everything else and no need to use Prey (fair trade IMO).