Totems and Channel

Eisenhorn

Question

13 answers to this question

Really? Magical Extension is a 1 action which then lets you cast the spell for free (or at least that is how i read it) having used the action to get to use the spell in the first place. As Magical extension its self is not an attack or a spell, i would have thought you couldn't channel it, though do not have my book to check this atm, i am actually curious about this as i have always thought you couldn't do it?

magical extension is a (1) spell that allows you to cast a (1) spell of a connected master so long as you meet the spells casting requirements.

In effect, you do not channel the spell you want to cast- rather, you channel Magical Extension

So in that cast the + bonus would be on the casting of magical extension and not the casting of the masters spell. Since ME goes off with out any casting requirement the bonus would have no real effect.

So, you would be channeling ME, to cast a another spell whose cc and effects replace ME's. Since that's the dual total you use for the spell it get's the :+fate. Makes sense.

Looking at ME, it would make more sense if it was an action instead of a spell (like Cassandra's Understudy). But, then it definitely couldn't be channeled.

If you look at it, you've technically got a spell whose effects you shouldn't even be able to use because you can't cast it, instead you cast another spell, which you are allowed to cast because of the effects of the spell you can't cast because... :crazy:

I know, I know, I get how its "supposed to work".

Yea this game is fairly intuitive, but has a lot complexity (is that an oxymoron? ;)). When trying to look for explorations which do exist you can see a lot of things that don't exist. I make the mistake all the time. Also the rules might not have been written by English majors, I think for how complex it is they have done a darn good job.

Best advice go off what you feel intent is.