Tricky, tricky...Book 4 shenanigans?

i_was_like_you

He did shoot a guy to get through a checkpoint rather than just go around. That's a lot of casual murder just because he might be inconvenienced otherwise. The fact that he had a reason doesn't make it okay.

Also, he's killed more people in fluff than Sebastien.

Of course don't get me wrong, McMourning is probably my favorite Ressurectionist.

Edited by Wolfgar

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did say one of.

Hoffman you can't really say anything about as he really hasn't had to prove himself one way or another. He seems like a nice enough guy though.

Lady Justice is firmly a good guy, although she doesn't work for good people.

Lilith I'm not so sure. She seems to have reasonably pure motivations (saving Malifaux and stopping the Tyrant Entities), but her plans seem to involve too much manipulation and murder to really put her solidly with the good guys.

Lilith does what she does for the good of her people, like many in Malifaux her motivations are good, application, arguable, very similar to Zoriadia, pandora is further down the scale, not as bad as Candy or Nekima, but not 'good' like Lilith or Zoriadia

Lilith does what she does for the good of her people, like many in Malifaux her motivations are good, application, arguable, very similar to Zoriadia, Pandora is further down the scale, not as bad as Candy or Nekima, but not 'good' like Lilith or Zoriadia

Certainly as the leader of a people who are being invaded by a hostile force her actions are much more acceptable; I'm just not sure she's really given true diplomacy any kind of shot.

Pandora is so rooted in hatred it makes me wonder what the humans did to her.

Zoraida has obviously done some bad things, but I think that may have something to do with her relationship with Fate. I'm not sure she and free will are always in the same room together.

It's harder to really hold the Neverborn or the gremlins to human standards of morality though since they are so alien.

Certainly as the leader of a people who are being invaded by a hostile force her actions are much more acceptable; I'm just not sure she's really given true diplomacy any kind of shot.

Pandora is so rooted in hatred it makes me wonder what the humans did to her.

Zoraida has obviously done some bad things, but I think that may have something to do with her relationship with Fate. I'm not sure she and free will are always in the same room together.

It's harder to really hold the Neverborn or the gremlins to human standards of morality though since they are so alien.

In the words of Perdita we are all monsters, the Nephilim are not so different from humans. Peace was never an option, the guild wanted power, they took it, the Neverborn need to manipulate the humans to get rid of the tyrants, but not risk the rise of more tyrants.

Here's a question if the Nephilim are natural creatures of Malifaux, Nightmares creature of nightmares given form, Zoriadia is human, the woes are from the box after pandora opened it.

Where does pandora come from?

One of the things I love about Malifaux is that almost everyone is shades of grey. I'd put them like this:

- Good: Lady J, Hoffman

- Mostly Good: Molly, Colette, Perdita

- Mostly Evil: Nicodem, McMourning, Collodi, Som'er, Dreamer (don't give me that "he's just a kid" crap- he's a spoiled brat that kills people when he can't have his way, which is constantly).

- Pure Evil: Seamus, Hamelin the Plagued

- Somewhere in Between: everyone else

EDIT: To be somewhat on-topic, here are my predictions for minions elevated to henchmen. It will probably be nothing like this when the book comes out:

Guild: Samael Hopkins

Resurrectionist: Sebastian

Arcanist: not so sure here- Snow, Myranda, or that new steamfitter character in Book 3 fluff

Neverborn: Nekima

Outcasts: Misaki

Edited by Dustcrusher
to get back on topic

Can you please clarify for me - the Neverborn (or at least some of them) are the previous denizens of the land who got twisted and transformed by the opening of the gate to death, correct? But even back then it's not clear if they were actually "human". Probably they never were.

Zoriadia was human, pandora is possiblly human, the rest who knows, they might have evolved from us. Which is a very likely possibility, since there are human Nephilim hybrids, or dead ones

Here's a question if the Nephilim are natural creatures of Malifaux, Nightmares creature of nightmares given form, Zoriadia is human, the woes are from the box after pandora opened it.

- I guess many of the recent demons were born to reflect the fears of the humans who came from our world. In a sense, our own fears manifested by the magic of this world (the soulstone energy that is "everywhere"). I think those demons resembling the stuff of our campfire stories and folk tales (mostly Grimm's) is no accident. Maybe the world of Malifaux brings to the surface humanity's darkest side - our own nightmares, fears and insecurities are made real.

- I guess many of the recent demons were born to reflect the fears of the humans who came from our world. In a sense, our own fears manifested by the magic of this world (the soulstone energy that is "everywhere"). I think those demons resembling the stuff of our campfire stories and folk tales (mostly Grimm's) is no accident. Maybe the world of Malifaux brings to the surface humanity's darkest side - our own nightmares, fears and insecurities are made real.

Or it's the real truth behind the legends and dream of them Beacuse of the soulstone

Or it's the real truth behind the legends and dream of them Beacuse of the soulstone
- but humans had those legends on Earth already... or at least many of them, surely some must have gotten the other way around from Malifaux to Earth. But still, did you mean that our legends prior to Breach have been influenced by Malifaux's world? Like, passing through the barrier between worlds and planting seeds into our imagination.

- but humans had those legends on Earth already... or at least many of them, surely some must have gotten the other way around from Malifaux to Earth. But still, did you mean that our legends prior to Breach have been influenced by Malifaux's world? Like, passing through the barrier between worlds and planting seeds into our imagination.

Read Coppelius fluff, some nightmares are too terrible for us to think of

Who knows Jack Daw could be her dad
I would have guessed that he was the first Governor or some other human with power and unbridled ambition. They kind of hinted at that. But I can see the possibility of her being NB/H crossbreed between Jack and maybe...Lil? (Now there's a scary thought. Maybe Lil's the woman who betrayed Jack. :surprised)