Through the breach - A tale of three gamers

Balefirestorm

Thanks. I'm happy with the result of the painting (especially after all the hours spent on it) and I can't wait to field the model in all it's monstrous splendor.

The main plan when painting it was: 1) Not green and 2) keep it close in theme with it's "connected" master. So studying my previous painting (both alt Seamus and original Seamus),I took the colours from them. I even wanted to transfer the red gleam on the right side of the face, that I used on both the masters. In this case it was made easy due to the cigar. Must admit that I was cursing a lot when trying to get the pocket watch into place, but like how it finally turned out.

The piece of wall behind Seamus is made of cork and green stuff, using more or less the same technique that I use to make the cobblestone.

Question to you all though. Do you feel that something's missing? I'm wondering if there's a chance to add a decapitated head somewhere on the base. And some blood details. For being such a gore related character, there's no gore on the model itself at the moment.

Suggestions?

Somehow managed to get quite a lot of time over for painting this weekend, so I took the opportunity to not only finish one model. After finishing the aSeamus, I asked my friends what model to paint next. c0un7_z3r0 advised me to paint something not so Seamus-ish, so the Copycat killer was put on hold for now. Instead I started with a Hanged.

I wanted it to reflect the glow of death seen on all bases of my models, so I painted its skin the same green glowing tone. It turned out better than I would have thought actually.

The reason I left the clothes and the rope in their "normal" colors were that ghosts/spirits in legends seems to be bound to real physical items. So the rope that killed you and the clothes you died in seemed real enough for that.

416258_sm-The%20Hanged%201.jpg

Next up is a model that I enjoyed painting way more than I first expected. The model was a pure pleasure to paint and I'm really happy with he result. The choices of colours for the clothes was actually a way for me to honour an old game that I enjoyed very much when younger. Make a guess which one and you might win cookies ;)

416257_sm-Punk%20Zombie%201.jpg

Last but not least is my first scratch built strategy counter: The treasure chest. Just wanted something more than a black base to mark my goal.

416259_sm-Treasure%20chest.jpg

Up next are actually two models that connects Seamus with the Dreamer. Might not be able to put them up today, but never say never.

Comments and critique is as always welcome and appreciated (need my ego-boost)

These will make nice additions to your crew as they fit in color-wise and the quality of painting is top notch again. The marker looks great too - reminds me I still need to do create some...

The color scheme on Punk Zombie looks familiar but I can't put my finger on it...

The paint scheme of the punk zombie is my way of giving a token of respect to Necromunda. One of GW's earlier skirmish game. Just reminded my of a zombie version of a Hive ganger somehow :P

Don't get me started on the markers. Still horrified thinking of the corpse and body part counters. And I'm still trying to figure out the best and most interesting way of doing a supply wagon. Especially since I want it neutral enough for use with all my Resser masters.

• 1 month later...

Now it's truly been a while. Have moved to a new apartment and had one **** of time at work. So not too much time over for painting and modeling really.

Still, have managed to paint up my two Night Terrors. And they turned out.... more or less like a kid tried to add some expressionistic paint to statues? More or less. Wanted to take a very different route and started painting them as statues. Still quite happy with them.

428637_sm-Night%20Terror%201.jpg

428638_sm-Night%20Terror%202.jpg

Have also started changing the terror tots that appeared earlier in this blog. Was not really happy with how they turned out, so I stripped their paint and started over. Wanted to change the models as well somewhat, so I added some small things.

See what you think of them :1_Happy_Puppet2:

428639_sm-Terror%20Tots%20WIP.jpg

And that was all for now.

• Like 1

yeah. The NT didn't really feel like truly inspiring models to be honest. So it was more or less just start and see what happens :P

I was thinking of giving the middle tot a scarf or something, but realized that it might have been too much. But maybe a pair of steam powered rolleblades would be something. Or skiis? :P

Edited by Balefirestorm

I wanted the Mature to get some changes. I really don't like the Mature Neph sculpt. They look kind of.... boring? And if I would like to use two of them, I can now make the other one somewhat different.

My first idea was actually to make all the Nephilim models more bird like. Adding things like beaks and trying to sculpt feathers. Still thinking about giving them beak or at least some kind of masks.

Any ideas?

When I first read your comment I just got a picture of a mature neph wearing a Big Daddy helm. Would that be a Mature Big Daddy? Flying around telling all the other Nephilim to grow up (couldn't help it) :P

But the masks the splicers are wearing were the kind of masks I was thinking of. If nothing else I bet it would look cool on Lilith. Or maybe I just choose two of the mods on my tots and model it on the Young and Mature as well. A Mature with goggles... hmmmm.

Need some advice. Are in the process of modding my Lelu model (just can't stand the normal sculpt). For me, Lelu is one of the most boring models in the range.

At the moment I've only switched the right hand into a claw. Want to do something with the face/head as well. Don't know if I should put a blindfold or some kind of mask. I will try and upload a picture of the model so far later today. But if anyone has a good idea already now, please share.

You could put a hint that the mask can split down where a mouth would be...make it so that the mask has replaced his skin, and he just keeps his mouth closed unless he's about to bite.

This gave me a lot of inspiration. That would make him fit thematically with the Dreamer and Pandora crew as well. The follow up question though is: Should I give a matching mask to Lilitu?